if you have to chose the best cruise director from royalcaribbean who would it be

:oThe favorite CD for my husband and I is hands down, Eric Dowis. We have had him on 2 cruises. We have had all the big names, James Andrews, Gordon Seymour and the rest but Eric is our guy. We will be seeing him for our b to b on Voyager of the Seas, Jan. 25 and Feb 1. We cannot wait, we love cruising and have had a lot of good CD's but there is something about Eric that stays with you.

Hafta' Cruise

Edited by Hafta' Cruise
wrong spelling on Dowis

Gordon Whatman!!

He was the CD on the Explorer and was awesome! He was so funny & adorable with his accent! Apparently he's going to be the CD when I go on the Freedom too! *fingers crossed*

Here's a list of CDs

Adventure of the Seas

-Mike Szwajkowski. As of 2-8-09, Casey Pelter will take over. Mike will be moving to SERENADE OF THE SEA on 4-11-09 and will be there for 3 years

Brilliance of the Seas

-Clo O'Connor (as of 12-21-2008) IT WILL BE KIERON BUFFERY HE EMAIL ME YESTERDAY

OASIS OF THE SEAS

-Ken Rush will take her out (12/12/09) then James Andrew will take over

Enchantment of the Seas

-RICO (AS OF 11-28-2008)

Explorer of the Seas

-DAVE CHAPMAN (AS OF 12-12-08)

Freedom of the Seas

-Richard Spacey (Confirmed as of 9/28/08). As of 1-18-09 it will be GORDON WHATMAN

Our very favourite is Drew Devine - we've had him twice now and have spoken to him many times and he is the most sociable cruise director we have had - we've been on 8 cruises and he's the only director that actually stops and chats with you and makes your cruise most pleasurable.

We have kind of adopted him now and hopefully we will see him in the future

...and we never get hung up on the cruise directors. I can't say that they make or break the cruise for us. To us the most important individuals would be the porter who delivers our luggage and the steward who always does a terrific job servicing our rooms.

That being said, I only remember two cruise directors. The worst was on our first cruise 12 years ago. I can't think of his name, although I could think of a few. :mad: He had the pesonality of a porcupine! On the last day when I bumped into him on the stairwell and had the nerve to ask a question about disembarkation, he gave me the party line about immigration and customs being in control of the ship!

Our most recent was Clo on our Jewel of the Seas cruise last February. We had the opportunity to chat with her at the Meet and Mingle and she just seemed to be so human and sincere! :)

We've only been on one RCI cruise and Drew Devine was a blast. We had a few drinks with him one night in the Schooner Bar. What a fun person

We love him too, but when the Mariner is doing the 53 day trip he left for the Monarch I think and then the Majesty

We've been on 16 cruises and loved all but 1 cruise director and that 1 was Kirk Detweiler. We found him to be very demeaning at times and we had a personal issue with his dry humor and rude comments.

Cindy

Edited by raerae

I'm voting for my wife, too, by proxy...

Kirk's on stage presence and delivery were only slightly above average...but he was everywhere!...very visible and approachable.

Bonus points......Kirk has been the only CD to attend any of the M&M's we've been to on 8 cruises! He spent over 1/2 hour before running ( literally) to host another activity (probably his infamous line-dance class!). He made the rounds meeting and greeting all 70+ of us in attendance...

Yup! Kirk gets our vote

(Sentimental favorite vote goes to Clo!)