if you have to chose the best cruise director from royalcaribbean who would it be

I was on the Jewel in October, and again in January, and Joff Eaton is amazing, as is the rest of his staff - very funny and friendly. For that matter, every crew member on the Jewel was great. I think that this is the friendliest crew that I have encountered.

We were on the Jewel 3/13 to 3/23 and had read before the cruise that JohnnyO would be taking over from Joff Eaton and was somewhat disappointed having read how great Joff was. Shouldn't have been concerned. JohnnyO turned out to be one of my favorite cruise directors!! He was funny, energetic and very friendly and sincere. We have sailed with many of the favorites listed here, including Ken Rush, James Andrews and Abe Hughes. JohnnyO was great. He is also a very talented musician, playing an Electronic Wind Instrument. He was the headliner show one evening and it was one of the best shows of the entire cruise. If you ever sail with him do not miss his show.

I agree that the entire crew on the Jewel is the friendliest and most helpful we have encountered. The service was excellent and always delivered with a gracious attitude. Couldn't have asked for better. After reading all of the negative posts lately concerning cutbacks, the crew on the Jewel made this cruise one of our best ever, making it easy to overlook no pillow chocolates, etc.

My favorite CD??

Whichever one is the most quiet, and makes the least overhead announcements! :D :D

I like this answer. Some Cruise Directors are just 'over the top' with the fake enthusiasm. I don't know how it affects other people, but it usually annoys me. I prefer a more sedate personality.

But it is usually the cruise staff that makes a difference. I was very impressed with my recent Princess Cruise. They really go out of their way to let the staff mingle with the guests (if the guests want it).

Out of 22 RCI cruises, the only CD's who have truly made a difference in our experience are Becky Thompson and Eric Dowes. Both are great. We liked Graham Seymour, too.

I don't recall the name of the worst CD we've ever had...but I remember his hair. In the entire 10 days onboard, it never once moved! There was enough hairspray to stand up to a hurricane. I told DH if we start to sink, you can get in the lifeboat...but I'm going to grab the CD's hair, it has to be the strongest thing on the ship!

Just got off the Independence...

this guy rocks !!! he sings, does comedy and is just a great person. Really loves what he does. Participates in the parades, does guitar, and did a late night adults only comedy act that was worth losing sleep over.

Have been on almost 50 cruises and this ship and Graham were the best ever. !!

Book it !!

Just came off the Liberty and was not impressed with James Andrews - he was a little over the top with enthusiasm for me - he was forever jumping up and down and flying across the stage like he was on a broadway stage

I liked Becky and our favorite was Drew Devine on the Mariner last year and of course it helped he was Canadian from Toronto:)

Johnny O made the Monarch Of the seas. Professional in every way. Not one of the rah rah boys that we saw on the Mariner last year, We looked forward to seeing him on the shows Best on any cruise line we have sailed vincluding the Crystal Symphony. He was a delight to talk with also. Very intelligent person. Wish we could find out where he is now. The BEST

Johnny O made the Monarch Of the seas. Professional in every way. Not one of the rah rah boys that we saw on the Mariner last year, We looked forward to seeing him on the shows Best on any cruise line we have sailed vincluding the Crystal Symphony. He was a delight to talk with also. Very intelligent person. Wish we could find out where he is now. The BEST

See my post above - JohnnyO is now on the Jewel of the Seas!!

We loved Becky......for me Mike S. did a great job on the AOS.....Richard Spacey is terrific and Graham Seymour a close second.

I really didn't care for Ken Rush....not sure what it was but he came off a little to full of himself.

Just got off the Independence...

this guy rocks !!! he sings, does comedy and is just a great person. Really loves what he does. Participates in the parades, does guitar, and did a late night adults only comedy act that was worth losing sleep over.

Have been on almost 50 cruises and this ship and Graham were the best ever. !!

Book it !!

I have to say Graham Seymour was very entertaining.... Becky was great too. and Allan Brooks, but Kerion Buffery was wonderful

Six cruises, six different CD's - enjoyed every one of them - all different personalities, but all good at what they do. That being said, I especially loved Dan Whitney on our recent Grandeur cruise (2/21). At least that's what my forehead said for a whole day!

Other than Becky, all the rest are forgetable

While many would agree with you, I am probably in the minority since the only reason, for me at least, that Becky was unforgettable was because she was so annoyingly upbeat. :rolleyes: In contrast, Clodagh O'Connor, Bobby Brown, James Andrews and a dozen others make my favorites list.