if you have to chose the best cruise director from royalcaribbean who would it be

I cruised with Matt Baker twice and we hung out with him and "Double D" one night with some other staff. He was CRAZY and did the funniest Austin Powers impression you've ever seen.

Remember Jeff fondly too. Can't say I've ever had one I didn't like! Ken Rush is a sweetie.

Kieron Buffrey had some good jokes but wasn't really evident on the ship except for a few quick one-liners at the end of the shows and for the trunkated version of Mr & Mrs when real answers were changed to what he thought would be funnier, and the show lasted about 30 mins.

I would have thought a good Cruise Director would know what was happening in every bar / venue at every minute of the cruise, and be able to stop deluded karaoki queens from performing all over the ship wherever there happened to be a piano or guitar playing, assaulting ear drums day in - day out..... and not on karaoki scheduled events...

A good CD should ensure that the shows are on when people want them, and that there is suitable entetainment scheduled for all...not everything planned for pre-dinner for late sitting diners.. (little point booking late sitting if the shows are on at 7.15!!)

If the above is true, I would imagine there must be better CDs than Kieron, as the entertainment last week on Brilliance of the Seas consisted of ballroom dancing after dinner and very little else.... except unscheduled karaoki... very SAGA, very Butlins, not very Royal Caribbean of previous years.

I was on the Jewel in October, and again in January, and Joff Eaton is amazing, as is the rest of his staff - very funny and friendly. For that matter, every crew member on the Jewel was great. I think that this is the friendliest crew that I have encountered.

Clo was on my Jewel of the Seas transatlantic last March and she was absolutely the best! We had Bill Brunckhorst on the Brilliance in Dec. 07, just three months prior and he was nowhere as good or funny as she was.

My absolute favorite was Clo on the Jewel with Mike Szwajkowski on the Adventure a close 2nd.

Clo's boy was so cute last year when he would come out on stage in all kinds of costumes :)

Edited by Deborito

Of the ones we have had as CDs:

Ken Rush, Bobby Brown, James Andrews Top tier

Graham Seymour, Dan Whitney 2nd tier

Karen Mayberry, Gordon Whatman Bottom

We've had many others, but none memorable enough to remember.

Have not had Clo, Becky or Sapcey.

Probably the best, now retired: Jeffrey Arpin

I Agree: Jeffrey Arpin, was the best CD! He is retired now and the last I heard, owns a golf course in Naples FL.

• 1 month later...

We love Dave Chapman!!!! He is wonderful but just being off the liberty last month...wow so impressed with James Andrews. His staff was fantastic too. We love the gang on Explorer!!!! So we are very excited when we have Bingo Boy Dave Chapman as our Cd and Capt Ryan at the helm!!!! It is better than being in good hands with allstate! lol

There was a guy several years ago that was the assistant CD named "Bingo Richie" He went on to become a CD. Is his last name Spacey?

I saw many people liked him and I was wondering if he's the same Richard?

He was so funny! Loved him! Where is Richard Spacey a CD now? :)

There was a guy several years ago that was the assistant CD named "Bingo Richie" He went on to become a CD. Is his last name Spacey?

I saw many people liked him and I was wondering if he's the same Richard?

He was so funny! Loved him! Where is Richard Spacey a CD now? :)

Richard Spacey is on Freedom of the Seas.

Does anyone know how to e-mail the cruise director on Enchantment? We have just learned our M & M is scheduled at 10 am on the day of our 1st port of call and not a sea day. There are 106 of us registered and we have contacted Crown and Anchor but are told they do not handle this. We would really appreciate the info if any has it.:)

Thanks

Edited by jst