So excited!!!!!

msweeble1

Newbie here - how long before your cruise do you get your documents? I'm going in mid-July, and someone somewhere on these boards said they had received their stuff for a July departure. At what point do you get nervous and annoy your TA?

I think we got our docs three weeks before our last cruise.

Newbie here - how long before your cruise do you get your documents? I'm going in mid-July, and someone somewhere on these boards said they had received their stuff for a July departure. At what point do you get nervous and annoy your TA?

We leave July 20th. We got our Docs Friday. I was a little surprised.

It depends on your booking. If you booked a "guaranteed" cabin, they can show up as late as a week before your cruise. If you booked a specific category of cabin, generally they go out about 3 - 4 wks before the cruise.

If you are in the "guaranteed" category, I recommend that you go ahead and complete the check-in documents on the HAL web site using the confirmation number of your reservation. If you get your final docs, you can go back and reprint them. "Guaranteed" simply means that you will get a certain category of cabin or higher and these reservations, in my experience, can become definite as late as a week before sailing (I like to use this form of reservation as they tend to be less expensive).

Archived