Hyatt Regency Miami/Priceline questions

I have booked a room at HR for post cruise stay and now need to book a precruise hotel stay. Is is still "safe" booking any 3* downtown hotel on Priceline? Got HR for 44$ - hoping to get other room for same or less. However, it will be a Friday night stay instead of a sunday night i have already booked. will that make a differnece? anyone booked a 4* and for how much? Has anyone stayed at HR before - how is it? any and all info is appreciated.

Debbie in MS

We just stayed there, pre-cruise, on Feb 26. The hotel is connected to the convention center and is a darn good bargain for $44 or even $74. We would have preferred something a little closer to Bayside Marketplace, but the Hyatt is fine! For breakfast, I suggest you walk about a block to a bakery/cafe place (I can't remember the name but the doorman will show you the way) if you want to save some money.

Hank

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency twice. It is a very nice hotel. It's a great bargain through Priceline. I think you can also get a great price on Friday night, unless there is something special going on in Miami that weekend. I have also stayed at the Intercontinental which is a 4*. Bid accepted was $80. Great pool area and very close to Bayside Marketplace.

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02
Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03
Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03
Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03
Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04

I just booked a room in this hotel through priceline in june, for 40.00 on a friday night. called to request non smoking room and view of the port, no problem. I hope this hotel is nice, we wont be there long because our flight gets in late and we will leave in the morning for the pier. I've heard it can be noisy at night though, anyone have a big problem with this?

The HR can be a little noisy if you are on the lower floors. The windows are not very soundproof and you might hear the traffic. Of course this is not a major problem late at night. The Intercontinental is a really nice hotel (enough marble to sink a ship), but I am not sure its worth the extra money if you arriving pretty late.

Hank

We stayed at the Hyatt in March 2003. Got the room through Priceline for $27 per night. The hotel is fine but no comparision to the Hotel Intercontinental (my opinion of course) at $200+ per night. But for $27 a night, who should complain. We did walk to Bayside (10-15 minutes) and then took a cab back at night. The rooms are very large and we had a corner room which was a nice view. The continental breakfast and other meals are very expensive at the hotel. Try other places for your meals. Bayside has a large food court and there is a Don Pain?? just a few steps from the hotel. It's a Cuban sandwich shop and it's pretty good.

We stayed at the Hyatt last year and decided to make life easier by just having breakfast at the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised when our waiter asked if we were on our way to a cruise, and gave us (I think) a 20% discount on our meal. Made the price a lot more reasonable. My understanding from talking to him was the discount is there for the asking.

Sovereign 6/02
Voyager 9/03

Mariner is so far away.. [[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;6;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] ]

I would say it depends how long you will be at the hotel. If you have more time, I think it's worth it to stay at the Intercontinental. They also have a nice workout area. I did not feel the Intercontinental was as friendly or as accommodating as HR...booking through Priceline. I think HR is a better bargain for just an overnight stay.

When I go through the process, I get a blank form. Did you click "your profile" at any time? You may want to try again.

Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

We stayed at the Hyatt last March for about $35 per night. The location is fine and so was the hotel. We rented a car from FLL and drove to Miami. The rental car company (I think it was Thrifty) has a location in the hotel so the drop off was easy.

There is a pastry shop about a block away (you can see it from the corner the hotel sits on) and there is a Starbucks about 2 blocks away. I asked the concierge for a breakfast place nearby and she said there wasn't anything. I asked about Starbucks and then she told me where that was. We found the pastry shop on the way.

I found that the following website really helps me when bidding on Priceline. They tell you what rooms are going for what price in which area and give you hints on how to bid. Just make sure you read the FAQ in the pink box before you start. [url="http://b6.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding"]Bidding for Travel on EZ Board[/url]

[img]http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/myanmar/506/flapper.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Majesty of the Seas

[img]http://www.thisnthatgraphics.bravepages.com/goodiessigs/0sigs/irene1.gif[/img]

luvtocruise

I booked a 4 star Priceline hotel near Miami airport for Saturday night, May 22 and was quoted a price of $68.00 at the Hilton Miami Airport. The regular rate for the Hilton was $149. on their website. I am not sure how much of a price difference it would be on Priceline for a "downtown" or "south beach" hotel. We wanted to make sure we were in a nice hotel in south beach prior to the cruise so I just booked it directly with the hotel and it was $169.00 per night.

Navigator of the Seas 05/15/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;05;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Hi

Last year, before our cruise on the Navigator of the Seas, we booked a hotel also through Priceline. We paid $47 and got the Sheraton Biscayne Bay. This was also a very nice hotel and we took a cab to the Bayside MarketPlace to walk around. For breakfast we brought along some pop tarts and cereal so we could eat more food at the Welcome Aboard Buffet!

Kelly

Majesty of the Seas 11/95
Sovereign of the Seas 11/96
Rhapsody of the Seas 2/98
Celebrity Century 5/01
Adventure of the Seas 4/02
Navigator of the Seas 4/03~C & A Member Cruise
Mariner of the Seas 4/04

We just stayed at the Hyatt on 4/02. We got it for $42. It was beautiful. We had rooms on the 22nd floor, so it wasn't noisy except when the balcony door was open. We loved the convenience of the Peoplemover attached to the hotel/convention center. It took us to within a block of Bayside Marketplace. My husband also took it one stop away for the Walgreen's to pick up bottled water and canned pop for the cruise.

I agree about the pricey breakfast. We just got a bagel and coffee at the coffeeshop and headed to the ship at 10:30. We were in the Windjammer at noon.

4/3/04 Explorer of the Seas
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived