Chance of upgrade after guaranteee assignment?

happy cruisin

Does everyone that books a guarantee do so in hopes of an upgrade ?? It sure seems like it.

What other reason is there to book a guarantee?

We're booked on the Diamond in February 2009 and have had our cabin assignments for at least a month already. Very early....but that's OK. Nice Caribe balcony midships so we're happy.

We've booked a guarantee 4 times and we always book a year in advance. We have always ended up with a better category than we booked. Three of those times we have been assigned more than one cabin. I'm sure it's because A) We book so far ahead and B) The ship has always been sold out. Most times you'll just be moved from one inside room to another or one balcony to another, etc. We did move from an outside to a balcony our first time along with the two other couples we were sailing with. And, as others have said, you may not think your "upgrade" is really anything better than what you booked in the first place. We've only been really disapointed once.

We have sailed twice on Princess, and have once been upgraded in terms of location. We were initially assigned a mini suite in an aft location and upgraded to a mini centrally which worked out well in terms of ship motion for us. Our initial cabin assignment was on the same deck.

We recently traveled with another couple first time cruisers on Princess, and they were upgraded a couple of days before the crusie from an inside to an OV. You never know what is going to happen.

We are booked for the CB in October, we booked a BB Guarantee and we haven't been cabin assigned yet. We'll see if the upgrade fairy touches us.

We just booked an inside Guarantee directly with Princess. The booking agent said I would have two chances at an upgrade and started me off with an assured cat. I. Haven't got anything yet. Our cruise isn't until Oct. We will see.

Archived