Chance of upgrade after guaranteee assignment?

happy cruisin

There is always a chance.

We have booked a few guarantees in the past, some the assignment showed up with a day or so, others not until final payment time. Each time, that was the stateroom we ended up in, no change before sailing and no upgrade for us.

Best of luck, keep your fingers crossed.

Hi, Has anyone had any experience of an upgrade after a guarantee cabin has been assigned ?

We have just booked and the cabin was allocated within 24hrs .

We booked a mini suite were assigned a cabin. Upon checking the Princess Website about 3 mo before sailing we found a better location same grade (AA) had become available. We changed to that cabin and 3-4 days before sailing we got a call from our TA that we were upgraded (at no extra charge) to a full suite.:) :D

We booked just an inside cabin and about 3 weeks before we left we got upgraded to a window cabin. We just returned from the Star on 5/25. We've never been upgraded like that and it was great.

As the others have said, the Upgrade Fairy can strike -- or not. If you are "upgraded," most likely it'll be the same cabin type (oceanview for oceanview) but in a different location, i.e., an "upgrade" within category. Sometimes, an upgrade isn't really an upgrade. Yesterday, I was "upgraded" by Princess from a category AD mini-suite to an AC, i.e., from a covered balcony on Emerald deck towards the aft of the ship to a mini-suite very far forward on Dolphin deck. To me, that was very much a downgrade since I specifically wanted the AD plus it moved me from next door to my sister and brother-in-law to the very opposite end of the ship. My TA got my old cabin back and has now marked all of our current bookings on the Crown "No Upgrade."

We were upgraded twice on a guarantee booking, several years ago. The first move was from an extreme forward cabin to a midship location, but same cabin type (minisuite). A few days before the cruise we were upgraded to a suite. Like I said, it was a long time ago and ever since we've stayed in the cabin assigned to us originally.

In Jan we were on the Carribbean Princess. We booked an inside room on a guarantee and 2 days before sailing we were upgraded to a window. Travel agent called hours befoe we left on our flight to tell us. For us, this was pretty terrific.

Hi, Has anyone had any experience of an upgrade after a guarantee cabin has been assigned ?

We have just booked and the cabin was allocated within 24hrs .

We have been upgraded after getting a cabin assignment with our guaranteed booking.

It can happen.... but as others note..... it is luck of the draw.

We booked a guaranteed inside, but as of three days before the cruise on Saturday hadn't gotten an assignment. One of my fellow workers asked me Thursday @ noon what the deal was & I had to tell him "dunno!" That evening we got upgraded to an outside cabin. It's kind of a crapshoot.

Steve

On the Tahitian Princess, we booked an inside. Months before final payment, outsides went on sale for the price of an inside, so our TA moved us. We were assigned a cabin number 24-48 hours later. Then at check-in, the upgrade fairy gave us a balcony. It was heaven. On that cruise, even an inside would have been heaven. So you just never know ....

We booked a BE Guarantee a couple weeks ago & were assigned a BB this week. I'm not complaining, but it seemed a little early for the cabin assignments.

We've always booked guarantees and been very lucky, we always are moved up a couple of categories. On RCI we booked an Ocean view guar. were assigned a mini suite on the Aft of the ship. We did n't get our cabin assignment until embarkation. Fab balcony, but a little noisy since it was over the disco.

We booked a BE Guarantee a couple weeks ago & were assigned a BB this week. I'm not complaining, but it seemed a little early for the cabin assignments.

We've always booked guarantees and been very lucky, we always are moved up a couple of categories. On RCI we booked an Ocean view guar. were assigned a mini suite on the Aft of the ship. We did n't get our cabin assignment until embarkation. Fab balcony, but a little noisy since it was over the disco.

Web - when are you sailing? We are going in September and booked a guarantee the end of March - no cabin assignment yet. I am thinking we will get one in a week or so, after final payment is due.:rolleyes:

Archived