What About the Many Improvements?

sail7seas

:D I absolutely LOVE the lighted magnifying mirrors in the cabin! It makes it so easy for these old eyes to see when troweling on the war paint.;)

:) I also really appreciate the blowdryers that are realistically functional. Don't need to bring one from home, like you do for most cruises on other lines (because theirs are so lame:( ).

1. Neptune Lounge

2. Explorer's Cafe

3. Library in Cafe

4. DVD library and retal setup in Cafe

5. Picture takers are not as aggressive

6. As you wish dining

7. Pinnacle Grill

8. Senior staff stay with ship longer

9. Oak room cigar lounge

Remember it is easier for us to criticize something than to bring out the good things about something. This is human nature.

HAL continues to refine its product to try and suite their customer base.

Some times we need to remember to look at the positives! :)

Hope you and Ruth are doing well and we look forward to sailing with you again.

Exploration's Cafe's (except I'm not sure how I'll like it in the Crow's Nest...)

I'll admit to only lurking on occasion lately, but I really must have missed something. What is this all about? And on which ships?

I'll admit to only lurking on occasion lately, but I really must have missed something. What is this all about? And on which ships?
On the Eurodam the Explorations Cafe is located on the starboard side of the Crow's Nest. I believe it's being moved there in some retrofits of other ships ... but I could be wrong.

I can only go back four years, but here goes:

Internet connections

Exploration cafe/library/game room dvd libraries

Spas/fintness centers seemed to have improved

Flat-screen tv's and dvd players

Bedding

Agree with poster who said more Vista class ships--more balconies aside--does give more choices on type of ship

On our last cruise, Captain Harris said that HAL is NOT going to build mega-ships.

On the Zaandam, November 2007, some days at the ice cream station there were liqueurs (Kahlua, Creme de Menthe, etc) available as ice cream toppings.

First time I tried it, I kept looking over my shoulder for a beverage person to ask me for my cabin card to charge me. But no, it was complimentary.

On my next cruise, Zuiderdam March 2008, there were no liqueurs at the ice cream station.

It was a great enhancement while it lasted.

On the Zaandam, November 2007, some days at the ice cream station there were liqueurs (Kahlua, Creme de Menthe, etc) available as ice cream toppings.

First time I tried it, I kept looking over my shoulder for a beverage person to ask me for my cabin card to charge me. But no, it was complimentary.

On my next cruise, Zuiderdam March 2008, there were no liqueurs at the ice cream station.

I don't suppose seeing people filling coffee mugs with the ice cream liqueurs could have had anything to do with their removal. Nah. That couldn't have been the reason. :rolleyes:

I think we forget sometimes to notice everything that goes right. So, thanks for starting this thread, Sail.

We have a great list so far. Let's see......maybe I can add a few more.

The beautiful wine glasses

Indonesian tea

The Mariner Brunch

The cooking demonstrations

The new photographers

The Indonesian women who keep the ladies rooms tidy

Again, the Mariner Dream beds

Elemis shower gel

The crew!

I don't suppose seeing people filling coffee mugs with the ice cream liqueurs could have had anything to do with their removal. Nah. That couldn't have been the reason. :rolleyes:
Exactly! And I've seen people pour a half-cup onto their ice cream. These folks' boorish behavior impacts all of us. I'd like HAL to keep the liqueurs and let the steward do the drizzling.

Archived