How far is the Lagoonarium Bora Bora

JJPacer

How far is the Lagoonarium in Bora Bora from where the TP tenders to shore? How would you get to the Lagoonarium from the the TP? Do we have to take a tour at the Lagoonarium, or can you visit there and snorkel on your own? Is there an entrance fee?

Thanks for your replies!

I checked with Jan Prince and the Lagoonairum is on a motu (Motu Piti A'au ) that is owned and operated by a couple. It didn't sound like you could just go there on your own, but would have to take either a morning or afternoon tour.

Fees were from 7.000 to 11.000CFP, but probably have gone up as I was looking at an older edition.

There are tons of sites on the web that offer packages to the motu and I'm sure that they pick up at the Vaitape pier and boat you over - probaly about 45 mins, depending upon the size of the boat.

Sorry I can't be more definite - we haven't done the lagoonairum ourselves.

The boat goes around to the north going to the Lagoonarium, then goes around the south end going back to the dock.

So you get a circle island tour of Bora Bora by water also.

You can get info dockside also.

Virgil

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, I know people love this place, but if you're an environmentalist, be aware that this site is a bit of a nightmare. The animals are captive and die regularly, to be replaced by new ones. The enclosure is made of (dead) coral, bulldozed into place. As I said, I haven't been there, but was told this by a marine biologist working in Bora Bora.

About a year ago while stying at the IC Bora Bora--we were picked up by boat at the hotel dock--we stopped at various hotel docks to pick up the boatload of folks--maybe thirty of us or more

We probably found this excursion by checking with our hotel---as did the others--don't know if these are the same as the ones that do ship excursions--there is always a lot of stuff going on at the dock--

Nancy:D

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, I know people love this place, but if you're an environmentalist, be aware that this site is a bit of a nightmare. The animals are captive and die regularly, to be replaced by new ones. The enclosure is made of (dead) coral, bulldozed into place. As I said, I haven't been there, but was told this by a marine biologist working in Bora Bora.

This must not be the same place it only has a fence, no walls at all.

Please don't speak bad about places you don't know.

Virgil

Archived