Hello from Island Princess

LarryF

It's our last day cruising on the Island Princess on our way to Vancouver. Just wanted to write a short note to say the cruise has been as spectacular as it was last year.

I'll share my journal with everyone when I have time upon my return. Until then here's my short description of everything I can remember at this time:

Ship - Beautiful

Cabin - Outside Window, plenty of room, toilettes flushed with no problemo! :D Did miss our balcony from last year.

Food - Mostly Excellent

Service - Exellent

Entertainment - Excellent

Internet - SLOW!

Weather - Outstanding, no rain, cloudy in Juneau, Sunny and warm in glacier bay and all other ports!

PWC Cruise Tour - Great!

College Fjord - Disappointing (too much ice to get close - had to turn back back about 5 miles from Harvard and Yale Glaciers)

Glacier Bay - The most beautiful place in the World

Skayway - Unbelievably beautiful. Bear outside DW window about 8 feet away. Watched him eat for 25 minutes!

Juneau - Great whale watching with Captain Larry. Nice hike around Mendenhall Glacier.

Ketchikan - Kayaking with hundreds of eagles! Incredible!

Trip was as spiritual and uplifting as last year. I will never be able to get enough of Alaska!

I'll write more next weekend.

Larry

Got back last week from alaska but was on the Coral and I agree about your assessment although I enjoyed College Fjord even though could not get really close. Got lots of great pics of the glaciers.

Marilyn

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Island experience. I've been really waiting for another opinion after that first one regarding the food and toilets, so yours is really welcome news for all of us lucky enough to be cruising Island to Alaska this summer! Thanks so much!:D

Sounds wonderful. Thanks for the information. We are going next year and its great to hear about all the feedback!!! Was wondering if I would be able to see any bears so early in the season.

Sounds wonderful. Sigh. We want to do an Alaska cruise and your brief report makes us want to do it even more!!! Oh well...someday. The bear outside of your DWs window sounded so interesting and neat. We would have loved seeing it up close and personal. Kayaking with hundreds of eagles also sounded right up our alley. We have eagles on the Kaw River here in Lawrence, Kansas but not hundreds like you saw. :D Fabulous. Also the whale watching. What a cruise!:) :) :)

As you sail by Sechelt (on the port side) tomorrow morning, about an hour out of Vancouver, have the Captain sound the whistle, we will have the porch light on for you. We watch the ships go north each evening around dinner time but seldom get up at 5 am to see them southbound. The exception this year has been the Infinity which is sailing by our front door about noon on its way to Victoria and then Seattle. We have paid particular attention to the Coral and Island Princess' this year as we are doing a Panama Cruise on the Coral in January.

Archived