Discount on other cruise lines after sailing on Princess?

sharp_cruiser

I just got a brochure from Costa cruises, and it said if I had a cruise on a "major line" which included Princess, I could qualify for a discount.

After sailing on Princess, can I get a discount on any other line? Also what are the benefits with Princess after cruising with them once?

Thanks!

I just got a brochure from Costa cruises, and it said if I had a cruise on a "major line" which included Princess, I could qualify for a discount.

After sailing on Princess, can I get a discount on any other line? Also what are the benefits with Princess after cruising with them once?

I'm not familiar with Costa nor do I know what their promotions consist of. You'd have to check directly with them. From Princess' standpoint, if you cruise with Princess, your benefit only applies to Princess. If you've cruised once, you become a member of the Captain's Circle. Here's what's on the Princess site: https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

Carnival combines all its' cruise lines (Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Costa, etc) for past passenger pricing. That means that once you sail on any of these lines, you can get special pricing that applies to past passengers for all the Carnival owned lines. At this point this is the only perq that recognizes cruising with another Carnival owned line.

As far as the perqs that you get on your second Princess cruise, the only ones that I can think of are past passenger pricing (may or may not be better than what is available to everyone) and invitation to the repeat cruisers cocktail party (free drinks and hor d'ourves). The real benefits start after you have completed 5 cruises.

I'm not familiar with Costa nor do I know what their promotions consist of. You'd have to check directly with them. From Princess' standpoint, if you cruise with Princess, your benefit only applies to Princess. If you've cruised once, you become a member of the Captain's Circle. Here's what's on the Princess site: https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

The benefit also applies to P&O. Not much use to you colonials, I appreciate. :D

Carnival combines all its' cruise lines (Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Costa, etc) for past passenger pricing. That means that once you sail on any of these lines, you can get special pricing that applies to past passengers for all the Carnival owned lines. At this point this is the only perq that recognizes cruising with another Carnival owned line.
Perhaps.

The benefit also applies to P&O. Not much use to you colonials, I appreciate. :D

Don't even get me started with P&O? I have17 cruises on P&O and 14 on Princess-Which one do you think treats me better?:mad: I have to fight with P&O to recognize the Princess cruises because I book them here in the colonies. Princess recognizes both for a total of over 575 days. P&O (with whom I have cruised around the world) gives me credit for about 50 days.

Then there is the wonderful exchange rate:o ./

Would love to travel on P&O but they don't seem to want us.

We get marketing stuff from the other lines owned by Carnival Corp. from time to time with "special" offers for past Princess passengers. The pricing has never been very attractive and the times I have checked, I could do better just going through an on-line agency.

Archived