swimming with dolphins????

Dpeeps

I was wondering if anyone has swam with dolphins in Jamaica? We will be cruising on the Navigator in March to Ocho Rios and were looking for something to do???? My son said he was watching a show on tv the other night and saw something about swimming with dolphins in jamaica and it looked "really kool"! Anyone have any feedback here??? We will have 4 kids with us and need something to entertain them there! :p

Haven't done it yet, but we are going to do it in Cozumel instead of Jamaica. I was looking around on youtube and found in all of the Jamaica videos with the dolphins, the water looked really murky unlike all of the Cozumel videos (IMO). Go out and take a look and see what ya think. Looks fun wherever we do it though :) .

I was wondering if anyone has swam with dolphins in Jamaica? We will be cruising on the Navigator in March to Ocho Rios and were looking for something to do???? My son said he was watching a show on tv the other night and saw something about swimming with dolphins in jamaica and it looked "really kool"! Anyone have any feedback here??? We will have 4 kids with us and need something to entertain them there! :p

We did only did a touch tour at Ocho Rios due to how steep the pricing was. We convinced ourselves that it was something we wanted to do after getting a long free private show in Costa Maya where they had both a swim and touch options but no business. We really regretted NOT doing it there as the price was cheaper and the fact there were no crowds guranteed a lot more private time. The tour/place we did it at in Jamaica was impressive in the sense well organized and big operation, but it was very mechanical and scripted to get you your minmum time and promised events then tried their very best to seperate you from your money for videos and pictures. The ambience at places I visited in Cancun, Costa Maya, Sea World and Hawaii all looked much more experience friendly then my personal experience in Ocho Rios.

23_Costa_Maya_Beach_Dolphins.jpg.ac43032d90ea992b6053b6c1a4f59ae2.jpg

We have done the dolphin swim in both Curacao and Jamaica. We LOVED the swim in Curacao, but the one in Jamaica was not as nice. The people working there were not as nice and the water was murkier. The dolphins in Jamaica didn't seem as interested in interacting witht the trainers and the trainers seemed angry. The dolphin swim in Cozumel looks similar to the one in Curacao and I would pick that one over the one in Jamaica. It is a great experience.

Archived