Evening Shoes & Hosiery for formal Night Helps Girls Leaving in 4 days

Thanks to all of you, leaving Friday with a super good tan and not packing any hose.

Marcy

I'm happy for you that you have a super good tan, however, don't forget to pack a ton of lotion for your legs. A good tan does not mean that your legs are going to look sensational - they could look old and dried out: gotta pack that lotion, and use it.

Have a sensational cruise.

Valerie:)

You know, sometimes folks get so tangled up arguing over the nylons/pantyhose issue that they tend to forget there are those of us who wear the dratted things upon the advice of our doctors.

I'd love to go bare-legged but medical issues this past year have wreaked havoc on my legs, causing IMHO ugly varicose veins to appear. I'm a nurse and on my feet alot and simply refuse to wear the heavier stockings my doctor insists would be best for me.

I have found that wearing the Sheer Energy support hose in the sheerest style works well for me, increasing my peripheral circulation adequately and decreasing the heavy-leg feeling I get when I don't have them on.

It's not unusual for me to wear an old pair of support hose when I have shorts on at home, to garden, wash the car, etc., because at the end of the day my legs don't hurt.

I'd love to be brave enough to wear them with shorts on my cruises and I'd even wear them with my swimsuit if I though I could get away with it! But even though wearing support stockings of some type are a medical necessaity, could you all imagine what the fashion police would have to say about that!!!!!

Cindy,

I hear ya! If you haven't tried them already, try some of the support stockings by HUE. They make some really elegant ones that still actually support.:)

CJ

Ignore what EVERYONE says and do what makes YOU feel beautiful. This topic gets beaten to death on a weekly basis (anothe monster thread on this subject finally fizzled out last week).

I really hate it when the people who are in the no hose camp act like their answer is the final and only right one. The truth is there is no right answer. You do what makes you look beautiful. A lot of people who don't wear hose should because they would save the eyesight of the others who have to look at them (in other words, hose do their legs a favor).

Hooray for you! :) Tis tru, but sad, that Hollywood dictated the fashion. I love looking at the photos of my mom, she looked like Rita Hayworth when she used to dress like that. Starlets today are hardly glamorous. True elegance really doesn't go out of style. It's sad how many people look like slobs today, even when going out. NO, I'm NOT saying anyone who posts here is a slob, either.

Excuse me, but I am 32, and I still wear hats, gloves and stockings. True elegance never goes out of style, and considering some of the atrocities I have seen in the 21st century (G-strings hanging out of cut-off jeans, exposed belly fat, dirty feet clad in rubber flip-flops, etc.) I much prefer the style of Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly. They are still admired today, and I doubt that will happen 50 years from now to today's starlets.

CJ - thanks for the heads-up about the HUE support stockings...I'll check it out!

Gathina - I was looking at photos taken of Hollywood stars attending various events, including the Oscar awards celebration. IMHO some, if not most, of the bared-legged women in the photos had "naked" legs that would have looked soooooooo much better (and easier on the eyes!) with nylons covering them. The sheer (no pun intended!) "nakedness" (and in some cases the downright ugliness) of their legs really took away from their otherwise great evening look.

Still ,there were those few (and I mean a few) whose legs look absolutely fabulous sans nylons...worthy of being insured by Llyods of London!

We each can choose what we wear and why, so if someday you're on a cruise and come across a woman wearing sheer pantyhose with her bathing suit, just wave or stop by and say hi - to me!

:D Pantyhose with swimsuits and shorts was the norm on this show.

Who knows maybe you'll be starting a new trend. :p

All the majorettes and Cheerleaders did it...pantyhose, socks, sneakers, and skimpy outfit on top. All this in Florida...

Thanks for all the moral support! Maybe on some future cruise I'll actually get up the nerve to defy convention and wear sheer suntan-colored support nylons with my bathing suit while taking a dip in the pool! (And yes, I'll make sure they're the sheer-to-the waist style!) The comments afterward by CC's fashion gurus might sting a bit, but being pain-free at the pool just might be worth it! :p :p

Happy cruising!!

Archived