Rhapsody of the seas family ocean view cabin

I have booked a family ocean view stateroom on the Rhapsody of the seas for my family of grown children but am thinking that it may not be big enough and was wondering if anyone has booked one of these staterooms previously and could tell me what it is like.

I have 4 children traveling with us, from ages 17 to 32, and I had originally thought that there were two bunks which would be 4 beds in one section, but I have not been able to have this confirmed, it looks to me that we may need to use the pull out sofa bed.

All advice would be appreciated,

Glenda

Ok--a 32 year old is NOT a child!!!(even if it's your child!!!)

I think you'll have PLENTY of room--those are some large cabins! If you have to use the sofa bed, put the smallest "kids" on it--the teens can sleep anywhere--I have confirmed this by watching my own!!!!!

Ok--a 32 year old is NOT a child!!!(even if it's your child!!!)

I think you'll have PLENTY of room--those are some large cabins! If you have to use the sofa bed, put the smallest "kids" on it--the teens can sleep anywhere--I have confirmed this by watching my own!!!!!

Yep, you are so right, I forget sometimes that my kids are not exactly children! And I too have witnessed my teens sleeping anywhere! :D

We all enjoy cruising together, which is really nice so the family cabins seemed the perfect way for us to travel. I am just hoping that there are 4 beds in the seperate section which would pretty much make it the perfect cabin for us.

I have been in this type of cabin twice on the Rhapsody. You are correct in that there is only one set of bunk beds, which are in a separate curtained off room. There is a small closet in that area as well. The other room contains the standard 2 twin beds (which can be put together as a queen) and a pull out sofa bed. The sofa bed is short so you might have a problem putting 2 adults in it as you sleep across the length of the sofa. There is quite a bit of storage in this type of room.

I have been in this type of cabin twice on the Rhapsody. You are correct in that there is only one set of bunk beds, which are in a separate curtained off room. There is a small closet in that area as well. The other room contains the standard 2 twin beds (which can be put together as a queen) and a pull out sofa bed. The sofa bed is short so you might have a problem putting 2 adults in it as you sleep across the length of the sofa. There is quite a bit of storage in this type of room.

Thank you so much cyndyt, :D this just what I needed to hear.

So probably not really ldeal for any more than 5 people. One of the kids was thinking of bringing a friend and given the size of the sofa bed it probably would make it way to difficult to fit 2 in it.

Your information is really helpful as they are all quite tall.

The travel agent here in Australia couldn't give me this information, so I do really appreciate your advice.

Archived