Carnival Spirit

WinnieinWA

I've searched this forum and came up with thousands of threads but most of them had nothing to do with the Spirit.

I've read a ton of the reviews but have seen nothing in this forum about the Spirit at all in several weeks.

Does anyone have any recent reports on the Spirit?

If you've traveled this ship recently please tell your experiences.:)

Thanks!

My DW and I just returned from Alaska on a northbound trip on the Carnival Spirit. Unfortunately, the work that was waiting for me when I returned has kept me from writing a review. I will write the review this weekend and post it in this forum.

If you have any specific questions, I will try my best to answer them.

Mike

I've heard that people dress more casual on the Alaska trips in the dining room. if you happened to eat in the dining room what type of attire did most wear on the casual evenings and also on the elegant evenings? I'm on the Spirit in a week and beginning to pack.

Thanks,

susan

Susan-

I think people dressed about the same as the other cruises I have taken (5 - all in the Caribbean). Most people dressed up on formal night (or "cruise elegant" as it is now known). There were a lot of people wearing jeans on the casual nights but I don't know if that can be attributed to Alaska or the new more relaxed dress code.

I personally like to get dressed up for dinner. However, it doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the experience if people choose to dress more casually. I much prefer people wearing nice jeans and shirt to the "party crowd" dancing on tables and making fools of themselves - which I have seen on Caribbean cruises.

Getting off my soapbox and hope I answered your question. :)

Mike

Thanks everyone. I just wondered why there were no threads concerning Spirit. I was beginning to think it was a ship to avoid because there were no threads about it.

Thanks everyone! I have a couple of months to make my cruise a done deal. LOL

Thanks everyone. I just wondered why there were no threads concerning Spirit. I was beginning to think it was a ship to avoid because there were no threads about it.

Wrong thought. The Spirit is a wonderful ship and we had a wonderful time in Alaska last year. Need proof? Look below.....

Archived