Snorkeling OTHER than Stingray City

drdaddy

Hi. Been to Grand Cayman some time ago. Enjoyed Stingray City with a private operator (previously mentioned on this board:rolleyes: ) but since we have already done that, what other snorkeling is there for GC? Can anyone recommend a private operator who might have some other trips in mind? Thanks.

You don't need to go on a tour to do some decent snorkeling in Grand Cayman, unless you want to that it.

Check out Eden Rock. It is within walking distance from where the ships' tenders dock in Georgetown.

walk about a mile or so from the pier along 7 Mile Beach to an area where the Grape Tree/Grandview/Georgetown Villas condos are, or take a taxi to Cemetery Beach. There are no facilities at these areas, but the snorkeling is great. Eden Roc is good, too, and there changing rooms and showers.

Thanks. I saw info about these short walks in Grand Cayman. These are all public areas, right? My one problem is at ports like these the DW likes to just hang out on board and relax and read. Gets the pool all to herself sometimes. If she doesn't go with me (and then she doesn't have to tender, either), I worry about my belongings. She also worries whether I make it back to the ship on time :rolleyes:

We (3) were at Cemetery Beach and found a tree branch that we hung all of our stuff on. But we did have a car (we were there for 8 days) and we locked our wallets, etc. in the trunk hidden by a bag of junk. No one ever went near our tree, and I noticed a lot of other snorkelers had done the same thing. I wouldn't put my Rolex watch in a bag and leave it, but a small amount of cash or CC (only b/c you can immediately cancel the card if it goes missing) would not bother me.

The Cayman Islands are pretty safe, particularly compared to some other Carib islands I have visited.

If she doesn't go with me (and then she doesn't have to tender, either), I worry about my belongings. She also worries whether I make it back to the ship on time :rolleyes:

I think Eden Rock has lockers, if I'm recalling correctly. It's also very close to the tender dock, so you wouldn't have any problems with traffic on your way back to the ship. :D It might be a good choice of snorkel spot to address both your concerns.

I can't seem to get their website to work today, but maybe it's my connection here at work - http://www.edenrockdive.com/ - but if you google "eden rock cayman" you'll get lots of links to reviews on tripadvisor and other similar sites.

Archived