Segway Tours cancelled in Barcelona

Just got an email that Barcelona is not allowing the use of Segways in the city anymore. Viator cancelled our reservation and gave me a refund on my credit card. I'm so disappointed! It looked like so much fun. Anyone heard any details about the Segway ban?

Could be that the area is too crowded where they would be used. I know the malls here will not allow the Segways as they are afraid other people might get run over with them.

We did a segway tour in BCN 3 weeks ago. The guys were saying that technically they weren't allowed on pavements etc, but like most Spanish laws, no one took any notice. The segway tour is run by the same people as the fat tire bike tour, so try e mailing them to see what the latest is.

http://www.fattirebiketoursbarcelona.com/contact.htm

Simon

I don't know if it's temporary, but Viator has taken the Barcelona Segway link off their website. I emailed Barcelona Segway Fun to see if they were still running tours. They wrote back and said that Segways are now illegal in the city of Barcelona. We are looking into a 4 hour biking tour that covers the same sites.

We did a segway tour in BCN 3 weeks ago. The guys were saying that technically they weren't allowed on pavements etc, but like most Spanish laws, no one took any notice. The segway tour is run by the same people as the fat tire bike tour, so try e mailing them to see what the latest is.

http://www.fattirebiketoursbarcelona.com/contact.htm

Simon

Thanks, Simon. Hope you enjoyed your trip! Fat Tire Bike Tours is the company we had booked with, through Viator. They are not selling Segway tours anymore, bummer.

Archived