The Golden Princess is Beautiful

CrusinElf

... and I wasn't even sailing on her!!! I just returned last night from a cruise on Adventure of the Seas and saw the Golden in person for the first time in San Juan. My mouth literally fell open! What a beautiful ship! The Golden and AOS were docked next to each other, and while we were waiting to embark, I kept going to the windows and staring at the Golden. My husband said that I was "lusting" after the Golden Princess. If not exactly lusting, I sure was drooling! I've already checked the Princess website to choose a date for this cruise that I'm determined to book.

Just had to let everyone know how I felt. WOW...I've never decided to book a cruise just based on the way a ship looks before.

Elf

Well Elf,

It happened to DH and I.

We were in Fort-Lauderdale for some R&R and the receptionnist mentionned that a lot of people were going to see the ships'off. We decided to go and check. Turns out it was a Sunday and the Grand Princess (The Golden is her sister ship) was about to leave. I was i complete awe! She was so beautiful! And HUGE!!! Even DH got all excited about it. There was another couple from the area who had sailed on her telling us how great a cruise was. It was so impressive to see this huge thing just glide and sail-away. I even dreant about the ship that night!

2 weeks after that, we were booked on the Grand, 6 months after we were aboard and had one of the greatest vacation ever.

I love the Golden. We sailed on her in the Caribbean and to Europe. It's my favorite ship. Actually, there was not one thing I did not like! We have sailed on the Island and next we sail on the Coral (sister ship). While these ships are lovely and we enjoyed being on the Island, nothing can compete with the Golden in my eyes!

We've been on both the Grand and the Golden, the Golden first, and no ship has lived up to the pleasure I had on the Golden. We were just on the Caribbean Princess and all my reference points for the stairs and elevators were based on A-303, the Cabin we had on the Golden. I will never forget it. As it turned out, it must have been a handicapped room, because the Cabin was enormous, with a balcony.That was an upgrade from a much lower, inside cabin.What a treat. We went to the Eastern Caribbean. I would book the Golden in an instant. I, with the others, love that ship! Lynne

... and I wasn't even sailing on her!!! I just returned last night from a cruise on Adventure of the Seas and saw the Golden in person for the first time in San Juan. My mouth literally fell open! What a beautiful ship! The Golden and AOS were docked next to each other, and while we were waiting to embark, I kept going to the windows and staring at the Golden. My husband said that I was "lusting" after the Golden Princess. If not exactly lusting, I sure was drooling! I've already checked the Princess website to choose a date for this cruise that I'm determined to book.

Just had to let everyone know how I felt. WOW...I've never decided to book a cruise just based on the way a ship looks before.

Elf

Great choice...we loved the Golden. Believe it or not she's even more beautiful inside!

Chris ~ Even more beautiful inside? WOW! Well, we're in for a treat then because we'll be on the Valentine's Day sailing (think it sails on Feb. 13). I'm rebooking our Grand cruise (I know, it's a sister ship and probably just great) Then I have something else to look forward to - the Valentine's Day cruise on the Golden and a future re-booking on the Grand. Oh, such happy choices!:)

Elf

Hi Cruisin Elf. We have a few people who will be on that cruise! Please sign in on our roll call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=26227

Welcome aboard! :D

Kathy

It is now Monday 10/11/2004 at 8:22:23 PM

Event: Golden Princess Part Two

Scheduled For 2/13/2005 11:00:00 PM

4 months 2 days 2 hours 37 minutes 37 seconds or

17 weekends or

125 days or

3,002 hours (2,001 waking hours) or

180,157 minutes or

10,809,456 seconds

Hey Kathy (the Brat)! Thanks for the link. I'll start posting there tomorrow. I'm still a little whipped after just getting back from our AOS cruise. But looking so forward to this cruise and looking forward to getting to know all of my fellow cruisers!!!!:)

Elf (Nancy)

hi just read all these comments about the golden and i am so excited.. we are going on her feb 27,2005. now i am looking forward to it even more! thanks, anyone else out there going at that time? hubby and i are actually leaving on wed for a 10 day cruise on the tahitian princess!!! i cant even believe i am going to tahiti! i guess staying married to the same guy for 30 years has it's benefits!! see ya when we get back..........susan:)

Hey there Brat (Kathy). My computer and I have both been under the weather. I've got a cold and the computer keeps crashing. SIGH I'll be over to chat with all of you on the roll call pretty soon though.

Auntie Ann ~ Wasn't it something to see those 2 huge ships (Golden and AOS) together? In St. Maarten, a smaller Princess ship (Dawn?) was next to the Golden and I couldn't believe the difference in size. Glad to hear you loved your cruise.

Elf

Archived