Is a Balcony worth it?

Lyncruiser

Just wondering if people bother with balconies on Mexican Riviera cruises. We went on a three-day to Ensenda a few years ago in June. It was too cold on sea days to be outside. Thinking of 7-day Mex. Riviera next summer but don't want to waste money on a balcony if it's going to be too cold on sea days to be outside.

We were on the Legend for the Mexican Riviera route in mid-July. The weather on 2 of the sea days was chilly (mid-60's). All the posts that I read from the 6 weeks before our cruise said the same thing so it was the norm. I wouldn't have wanted a balcony on that trip.

When you are on the water the first and last days at sea the temps will be in the mid 50's in Dec. It will be in the low 70's to 80's the other 5 days. Generally San Diego southward. It is warmer.

Steve Hayes

So if it was mid 60's in July... what will it be like when we are there in Dec??

Our TA told us the weater would be great... warm but not hot.

I prefer a balcony, period. With that said you can almost be guaranteed to have 5 days out of 7 to be in the 70' to 90's depending on time of year from San Diego southward. The first and last day at sea to/from Los Angeles the water is colder resulting in temps in the 50's to high 60's - sometimes reaching low 70's but rarely.

I like the views from "my" balcony while in port and at sea.

Steve Hayes

Just wondering if people bother with balconies on Mexican Riviera cruises. We went on a three-day to Ensenda a few years ago in June. It was too cold on sea days to be outside. Thinking of 7-day Mex. Riviera next summer but don't want to waste money on a balcony if it's going to be too cold on sea days to be outside.

We prefer a balcony, there are several reasons for this, one we love being able to view the ocean. 2, being a photo freak I (Dave) love having not to run all over the ship when I’m able to get a great shot from the balcony. 3, we enjoy having breakfast there and watching the waves.

I could go on and on why we enjoy having a balcony but we leave that up everyone preference, it just a matter of choice. Our choice we will not sail if we can’t get what we want. I will say that most of our cruises are in aft cabins on Celebrity, (millennium ships) in either a CC or FV cabins. With this being said we always have a cabin with a balcony. It’s very much what we like.

No matter what you choice is just enjoy the cruise, the bottom line is what you want.

Dave & Elaine :rolleyes:

Archived