Carnival Rep confirms Baltimore

Feistyred

That would be a cold place to sail from if it cruises in the winter months.

NCL has sailed the Dawn out of NYC during the winter for a while now, someone on the other boards posted pictures of crew members shoveling snow off the pool deck after a storm, kinda surreal to see.:eek:

MAC

I thought the Pride was relocating to Miami? I was considering booking for August 2009.

Norfolk & Charleston, please. Baltimore is closer than Canaveral or Tampa, but after a mid-April trip, I swore I would never, ever, ever get anywhere close to DC again. Ever.

:mad:

Any word on where the Glory is going (if she's going) once the Dream is in Canaveral?

I thought the Pride was relocating to Miami? I was considering booking for August 2009.

Norfolk & Charleston, please. Baltimore is closer than Canaveral or Tampa, but after a mid-April trip, I swore I would never, ever, ever get anywhere close to DC again. Ever.

Any word on where the Glory is going (if she's going) once the Dream is in Canaveral?

From my info, the Pride will be in Miami until the end of August, and then will be relocated to Baltimore.

I'm not sure about the Glory at this point, but I can say that something about it looks kinda funny at the beginning of 2010..... I am wondering myself where they are planning on putting it.

Maybe we could get Carnival to put a ship at Port Huron then we could sail Lake Erie and out the St. Lawrence. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Dianne

It would indeed be a hoot, but I'm not sure that any of Carnival's ships could manage the Welland canal and similar lockage in the Great Lakes.

In fact, are there any pleasure cruise lines that go between and among the Great Lakes?

It would indeed be a hoot, but I'm not sure that any of Carnival's ships could manage the Welland canal and similar lockage in the Great Lakes.

In fact, are there any pleasure cruise lines that go between and among the Great Lakes?

Don't really know of any except maybe some yahts and I'm assuming those yahts are not very large.:D

Dianne

You have a point there. When ever we travel the east coast now, it's with the arrangement that we get past DC in the middle of the night.

I have flashbacks to my experience drivng around DC. I wound up driving the outer loop on a weekday at 5PM in the far left lane, going 70+ in a little Plymouth Horizon - remember those? I have bigger shoe boxes. I think it took hours to get off, and then I kissed the ground.

So, if I can get to the pier at 3AM, I might be okay.:)

Somebody else mentioned this about 2 weeks ago. I hope you're right. It was reported to be the Pride.

I have an Alaskan cruise for 09 I need to cancel because of the HUGE airfare. Since I live in Philly I can drive here.

Somebody at CCL has their thinking cap on!:)

Bill

Bill - How ya doing bud? haven't seen you in a while. You keeping those Phils on track for me?

What kind of airfare have you found? I am getting a little jittery about that part of the cruise. I do not want to pay more for the air then the cruise itself.

I'm thinking that maybe if I cancel and tell them why they may cut me a break on the price. Just a thought.

Really sorry to hear you cancelled Alaska.....I guess Baltimore will be a quick ride for you guys up there....what, about 1 hour down 95?

Oh man, if Carnival expands its cruises out of Charleston I will be thrilled! We live in Chas and would love more options. The two Carnival sailings a year currently are priced rather high. Hoping that if more are added the prices will come down.

Hi FeistyRed,

Someone else posted a thread about Baltimore having a Carnival Ship. I cannot remember who or where.

I wanted to say nice things to you, but then I saw that emblem for your football team!:eek: I too, live in VA but I am a Cowboys fan! I guess you and I will never be able to cruise together in peace during football season!;)

Anyway, with airfare being outrageous, a ship out of Baltimore is good news for us in this region!

Peace????

Lee:D

I remember that thread too but lately the search function only works if you hold your mouth right and wrap your left leg around the chair while singing Carnival's theme song.:rolleyes:

One thing I remember from the thread was a few people were saying that NO WAY CARNIVAL WILL COME BACK TO BALTIMORE!

Baltimore is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from me and Norfolk is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and (Now of course this all depends on the traffic gods smiling) I'm looking forward to no airfare, no hotel whoohooooo:D

Lee, we could still cruise at the same time. Ours is a house divided so I'm used to not everyone seeing eye to eye on MY team. My oldest DS has been a Raiders fan almost since he could talk and my best friend is a Cowboys fan too.

Me, too! I'm ready!:D

We'll see what happens tomorrow -- not holding my breath until then!:D

I'm right there with you MarylandLady. I am soooo ready for Carnival to come back to Baltimore. I was becoming a little worried with the cost of air travel. I was thinking we would have to cut back on our cruises but if Carnival comes back to Baltimore then I can darned near walk to the port. :D

YAY!!!!!!!!!

I remember that thread too but lately the search function only works if you hold your mouth right and wrap your left leg around the chair while singing Carnival's theme song.:rolleyes:

One thing I remember from the thread was a few people were saying that NO WAY CARNIVAL WILL COME BACK TO BALTIMORE!

Baltimore is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from me and Norfolk is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and (Now of course this all depends on the traffic gods smiling) I'm looking forward to no airfare, no hotel whoohooooo:D

Lee, we could still cruise at the same time. Ours is a house divided so I'm used to not everyone seeing eye to eye on MY team. My oldest DS has been a Raiders fan almost since he could talk and my best friend is a Cowboys fan too.

The last time I'll ever post a picture on here. Funny how it made it to SOMEONE ELSES avatar.

Bill - How ya doing bud? haven't seen you in a while. You keeping those Phils on track for me?

What kind of airfare have you found? I am getting a little jittery about that part of the cruise. I do not want to pay more for the air then the cruise itself.

I'm thinking that maybe if I cancel and tell them why they may cut me a break on the price. Just a thought.

Really sorry to hear you cancelled Alaska.....I guess Baltimore will be a quick ride for you guys up there....what, about 1 hour down 95?

Hey Rockee. I'm still booked but only because I haven't called my TA yet to cancel but will soon.

It's over 2 hours to Baltimore but thats not bad. But looks like it's not going to be until September which is no good for me.

We leave from Vancouver and right now the cheapest air is $752pp. Then we still have to get home from Anchorage.

Doing my best with the Phils. Have them on TV now.:)

Bill

With the "fun of flying" (and the cost) perhaps Carnival is seeing the wisdom of having more ports that folks can drive to!!! ;)

I was just thinking about this - hope the this all comes to pass with more mid-atlantic ports as they are driveable by many people. We are starting to have to reconsider some plans for 2009 and 2010 vacations just because of the airfare - what was running around $350pp to Florida a year or two ago is now around $600pp and still climbing. Being able to drive to a port with some decent itineraries and multiple dates to choose from would be a way to keep us cruising and a smart move on Carnival's part.

I have a hybrid car and can actually get to Norfolk and back on one tank of gas. :D Around 540 miles round trip. :) Baltimore would probably be close to the same but can stay with family in Norfolk to eliminate the hotel/parking expense. Either way - this is great news if it's true.

I hate driving around D.C. but my sister lives there so I put up with it! I have friends that live in Baltimore so sailing out of their and having them drive us to the port would be great!

You could always take Amtrak there pretty cheap!

I would prefer Charleston though, I sailed the NCL Majesty out of there last year and it was great, I am not sure how well their terminal could handle a large ship, it is pretty small, but Charleston is an awesome city to sail out of, a departure port that is a destination in itself.

MAC

You have a point there. When ever we travel the east coast now, it's with the arrangement that we get past DC in the middle of the night.

I have flashbacks to my experience drivng around DC. I wound up driving the outer loop on a weekday at 5PM in the far left lane, going 70+ in a little Plymouth Horizon - remember those? I have bigger shoe boxes. I think it took hours to get off, and then I kissed the ground.

So, if I can get to the pier at 3AM, I might be okay.:)

I had a Plymouth Horizon, as did my sister! My sister bought hers when she was stationed in Germany through the government, and drove that thing full tilt on the Autobahn:eek:, talk about nerves of steel!

MAC

Archived