Carnival Rep confirms Baltimore

Feistyred

Hi,

I just called to get pricing and itinerary.....starting 9-13-09 they will leave B-town...go to Port Canaveral....Nassau....and Freeport and back. I got pricing for a 8a balcony and it was 903 pp....that was the military rate. I think without military rate the total cabin was about $2k...that included taxes and current fuel charges.

Very tempting to switch our Eastern Carribean cruise on the Glory next August. Just not sure I am thrilled with the ports. We live about 10 minutes from the Bay Bridge, so the thought of sailing under and down the Chesapeake are oh so appealing!!! Not to mention, the 40 minute drive!

Take care

sandi

Carnival has posted pricing for sailings starting May 2010:

http://carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=BWI&itinCode=EC1&durDays=7&shipCode=PR&subRegionCode=CE&rateCode=BCA&sailingID=48271&sailDate=5/23/2010

1: Baltimore, MD -- 5:30pm spacer.gif

2: Fun Day At Sea

3: Fun Day At Sea

4: Grand Turk --- 7:00am - 3:00pm

5: Half Moon Cay, Bahamas -- 9:00am - 5:00pm

6: Freeport, Bahamas -- 7:00am - 3:00pm

7: Fun Day At Sea

8: Baltimore, MD -- 10:00am

We just booked the first sailing out of Baltimore. Six days leaving Sept 7th going to Pt Canaveral and Freeport. Booked cabin 5236 with military rate and fuel and tax it came out to $711.26 pp and our balcony is 3 times as long as a regular balcony. I am really excited about this sailing! :D

The one problem with the Norfolk and Baltimore cruises was that the cruise fares were so much higher than out of Florida. We used to be able to get airfare + cruise for less than the cost of the Norfolk/Baltimore cruise.

We just booked the first sailing out of Baltimore. Six days leaving Sept 7th going to Pt Canaveral and Freeport. Booked cabin 5236 with military rate and fuel and tax it came out to $711.26 pp and our balcony is 3 times as long as a regular balcony. I am really excited about this sailing! :D

But the view is obstructed (didn't know if you knew that).

More ports on the east coast would make me happy. With gas the way it is, Florida is getting a little expensive to drive or fly. I would love to see more. I would definitely cruise more if they were closer. Hope this is true.

Freeport I can live without, but still cruising out of Baltimore will be great. Need to call my TA, the late August sailing isn't too expensive.

The ship is a good choice too, the dome over one of the pools will be helpful on the first and last days of the cruise in the winter.

Hey Rockee. I'm still booked but only because I haven't called my TA yet to cancel but will soon.

It's over 2 hours to Baltimore but thats not bad. But looks like it's not going to be until September which is no good for me.

We leave from Vancouver and right now the cheapest air is $752pp. Then we still have to get home from Anchorage.

Doing my best with the Phils. Have them on TV now.:)

Bill

Bill - I just had a conversation with DW tonight at dinner about possible cancelling it because of the airfare. She made a good point....this is something all of us had wanted to do sometime and the airfare will only go up not down.

I guess we'll keep the booking for now. It something goes totally out of control before we book then we may reconsider.

Bill, did I ever tell you i was at game 6 of the WS when Tugger (god bless his soul) made his monumental jump off the mound. That's better then any cruise, being at the game they won to capture their only WS title.

Oh, I have so many good stories about the VET. I was almost thrown in jail one night because on Photo Night I ran out from behind the wooden horses to have my picture taken with Pete....and so on, and so on....

If you hear anything about the airfare for Alaska let me know.

Carnival has posted pricing for sailings starting May 2010:

http://carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=BWI&itinCode=EC1&durDays=7&shipCode=PR&subRegionCode=CE&rateCode=BCA&sailingID=48271&sailDate=5/23/2010

1: Baltimore, MD -- 5:30pm spacer.gif

4: Grand Turk --- 7:00am - 3:00pm

5: Half Moon Cay, Bahamas -- 9:00am - 5:00pm

6: Freeport, Bahamas -- 7:00am - 3:00pm

I don't know how you found that. :confused:

Every time I look at the Carnival site it still shows the Pride leaving from either California or Florida.

The cruises for 2009-2010 have been posted: http://carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=BWI&itinCode=EC5&durDays=7&shipCode=PR&subRegionCode=BH&rateCode=BCA&sailingID=48333&sailDate=9/13/2009

1: Baltimore, MD -- 5:30pm

4: Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL -- 7:00am - 7:00pm

5: Nassau, Bahamas -- 11:00am - 10:00pm

6: Freeport, Bahamas -- 7:00am - 2:00pm

That's fantastic! I'll be booking soon myself!!!

It just took me quite a while to read all 8 pages of this and you have quite a few entries -- lucky you! You obviously don't live in the part of Columbia that was affected by the 26 hour power outage from the storm yesterday!:eek: That was a brutal storm yesterday, wasn't it!

I'm really glad to get another ship into Baltimore -- did you guys go on the Miracle when it was here?

Hi! Woo Hoo is correct!!!!:D

I can't believe this -- I haven't been on since yesterday around noon (we've had no power) and I've missed all this! WOW!

Just glad you are safe and sound!!!

;)

Just glad you are safe and sound!!!

;)

Thanks! Safe and sound, although yesterday was interesting. I was trying to pick up my granddaughter from school and I kept having to turn around due to trees across the roads! In her parking lot, a metal light pole had been sheered off about 2 feet from the ground. Must have been one heck of a microburst or something there! Not only did I lost electric, but for a while yesterday, even our cell phone service was gone. One of the towers must have been hit -- who knows??? It's a crazy year for weather for everyone!

Sharon

That's fantastic! I'll be booking soon myself!!!

It just took me quite a while to read all 8 pages of this and you have quite a few entries -- lucky you! You obviously don't live in the part of Columbia that was affected by the 26 hour power outage from the storm yesterday!:eek: That was a brutal storm yesterday, wasn't it!

I'm really glad to get another ship into Baltimore -- did you guys go on the Miracle when it was here?

Hi Sharon, I'm happy to see you posting and glad you made it through the storms alright. Yes, they were brutal but thankfully we are in a part of Columbia that usually does not lose power. (Hope lightening doesn't strike me now. :eek: LOL)

I can hardly wait to see the Pride come into the harbor the first time. It was funny, the other day they had the electronic signs above 695 on as you drove into B'more. The sign stated something about cruise port traffic at a certain time. I had not seen that on one of the signs before and commented to dh about it thinking it was for NCL or RCI. Must have been a good omen, yes? :)

Wow! We now have 3 cruise lines that sail out of here. Carnival is the only one I am interested in but oh my, are we growing. Maybe the others will lower their prices now. ;)

I have been reading this thread from inception. Just did some research, and flights from NY are only $197 - just a hop, skip and jump flight of 1 hour 40 minutes. Plenty of airlines flying there - shuttles, I guess. Much cheaper than flying to Florida! (airfares are 350-600 as a comparison) Though I have done this itinerary, it may be worthwhile to keep my eye on it for the (2010) future!

Archived