Movies under the stars on New England Cruise

resstation

Since it will probably be very cold in October on the Canada/New England itinerary, do you suppose they will still have the Movies Under the Stars outside?

I have been on the Canada/New england cruise and sometimes it does get cool. Now they will probably still show stuff on MUTS but will probably supply blankets for those who choose to sit out there.

Marilyn

I have been on the Canada/New england cruise and sometimes it does get cool. Now they will probably still show stuff on MUTS but will probably supply blankets for those who choose to sit out there.

Marilyn

Marilyn,

How did you enjoy that cruise? This is our first "non-caribbean" cruise and are looking forward to something different. I really don't mind not having to pack a bathing suit!

I have been there twice, once on Celebrity and the other on Princess and I throughly enjoyed that cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Beautiful country up there. Have fun

marilyn

I live in New England and oftentimes our weather is very warm and comfortable in October. Just bring layers to wear. I would also bring some warm weather clothes as it can still be quite warm.

we did the New England cruise last mid October on the Crown. MUTS had movies playing every night, although there were never more than a hand ful of people out on the deck at night, just a little too cool and with it being so port intensive I think many just went to bed earlier than other cruises we have been on. The cruise is wonderful and you will enjoy it - no doubt about that. And if you want to watch movies, just bundle up and enjoy!

We had beautiful weather, just too chilly at night to be on open sea watching movies for me, but we did watch movies in our room many nights.

Have fun!!

We were on the Crown the last week of September and had a wonderful time out by MUTS. I was cold a few nights, but we bundled up in the provided blankets and were fine. I loved this cruise we had a great time. The aft pool was heated and was comfortable even on the coolest days.

Since it will probably be very cold in October on the Canada/New England itinerary, do you suppose they will still have the Movies Under the Stars outside?

We did our Canada / NE on the Regal.... (no MUTS)... but it was too cool in the evening to want to be out there watching a movie. If we were on a MUTS ship.... we would have passed. ;)

Yes, they will have MUTS. The first night last year (we did 9/14/07 cruise) they had concerts on - I sat in the hottub and watched/listened to the Bob Marley concert. A few people walked by and looked at me funny (it was quite cool) or asked me how warm the water was (quite warm!), but I was the ONLY one out there. DH was still eating in the seafood buffet!:)

One of the highlights for me was on Friday (at sea day) at 4pm or so, they played the original Grease on MUTS. There were many women that watched - reminded me of a drive-in theatre! And also, on Monday night, they had Monday Night Football - mostly guys watching that night!

I really enjoy MUTS - something different. We're doing the same itinerary this year, October 19th! It will be colder than last year most likely, but I'm still gearing up for MUTS.

Also - I found the "teen" hottub on one of the upper decks (on Crown) and used that hottub quite a bit - as there were no teens on the ship that I ever saw. I would have moved if any came around, but nobody ever did. It's especially nice once you come back from the ports - after all the walking/moving about, it's relaxing to watch the ship sail away!

I think you'll like the ports - Bar Harbor was our favorite. Newport tenders and it can be frustrating - get to the theatre early for tender tickets and be patient - you'll see lots of crabby people! Quaint town, didn't see much. Also, expect a long line to get back on the ship/tender. It goes pretty fast, but it was probably 2 blocks long when we were there. From the other ports/reviews, I think it's normal. There's a shop that sells t-shirts - 12 for $36.00 (yes - 12 for $36!), so we got all the nephews & nieces tess from newport on our first stop and didn't have to think about souveniers after that! And they were cute!

Boston is nice - lots of excursions to pick from. I didn't care of St. John, but have learned we didn't go to the right areas! I think this year will be much better! Halifax has a great area right off the ship to stroll, shop and eat at.

Enjoy!

Unless there is some problem with the screen, they will definitely have MUTS. They put blankets out on the chairs for the comfort of their passengers. Have a great time!

Archived