Please help on tour recommendations for New England

kk99

Hi everyone,

We have 14( definitely)active middle aged adults who will be on a Jewel RCl cruise in late September visiting Boston, Portland ,Bar Harbour, St. John and Halifax. I would really appreciate suggestions for excellent tour companies and guides , as we would prefer to customize our time instead of ship excursions. We definitely want to go to Acadia National Park and Peggy's Cove, and perhaps Kennebunkport, but we are open to everyone's suggestions. I don't think I'll get anyone to go on the reversing rapids or kayaking(because knowing some of us, we'll turn the kayaks over in the water), but all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all of your help,

kk:)

We are def. doing reversing rapids and kayak = where is your sense of adventure?:confused: :D Suggest a tour in Bar Harbor since it's a tender port.. it will get you off earlier, believe me..

If you really want to go to Kennenbunkport etc. in Portland suggest you get Enterprise rental car. Will come to port area and get you and will probably be easier.. we have a whole day there on Grandeur. Portland's a nice little city but I've heard K. is really charming.

In Halifax the Citadel and harborside are awesome.. you don't need to do a tour there.. go to halifaxinfo.com and book you a harbor cruise. There are soo many people at Peggys Cove sometimes that you can even begin to get a picure iwthout a bunch of strangers in it... esp. if there are several ships in and it's tourist season.. just my opinion.

Bar Harbor kayaking is really secluded waters.. shouldn't be a problem? You can always go out with Lobster Boat Lulu for a reallyl unique experience. If you love seafood here, Portland and Halifax are the ports to have divine lunches off ship

Here's what we have planned, and the company's we've booked through. Sorry, can't help you with Portland as our cruise goes to Newport instead.

Halifax: A tour of Halifax, Peggy's Cove and Whale watching: http://www.yourcab.ca/rates.htm

St. John: A tour of St. John, and St. Martins including the sea caves at low tide in St. Martins

http://freedomtours.com/content/151140

Note: Both of the above don't offer the tours that we are doing as a regular tour but will customize your tour for whatever you want to do/see/go.

Bar Harbor: Lobster boat/Harbor Seal tour & Acadia Nat'l Park tour

www.lululobsterboat.com http://www.acadiatours.com/

Boston: We bought the GoBoston cards which will get us free entry into numerous things all around Boston including a Harbor Tour, Duck Tour, Aquarium, Beatown Trolly Tour, Fenway Park Tour, plus about a hundred more.

http://www.gobostoncard.com

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the information.It is always hard trying to arrange tours for 14 people. I love doing the rapids, but we do have a few people in their late 70's who aren't so keen on getting wet. We always try and arrange more custom tours than what the ship will offer for our friends and family. Any other suggestions or tour companies would be greatly welcomed.

I'm looking forward to our cruise in late September.

kk:D

For Wed., Oct. 4, 2008 when will be the best time to see the reversing falls? Carnival Victory will be in port from 8 AM to 6 PM. We want to do this on our own. What do you suggest? Due to health issues no kayaking for us.

Archived