Pt Canaveral Experts

I'm curious if anyone knows anything... Accroding to the RCI website Mariner leaves Pt Canaveral in January 2009 and Freedom is not scheduled to arrive until May 2009. Is that for real? What happens in between the two sailings if you want a 7 day cruise??

I really want a 7 day RCI sailing from Pt Canaveral in February and it doesn't look like I have any options.

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.

Do as reatreebar suggests: Do a B2B on the Monarch.

Pick another port.

Mariner is going to California in January, Monarch will have come to Port Canaveral in November.

I would love to do that, but my DH loves the open promenade style and it's the only style ship he'll sail without a big debate! We live an hour from the port so I can't get him to drive down south florida because of gas prices..

I would love to do that, but my DH loves the open promenade style and it's the only style ship he'll sail without a big debate! We live an hour from the port so I can't get him to drive down south florida because of gas prices..

Just be glad that driving is even an option for you. Most of us don't have that luxury.

Surely you can persuade him into a four hour drive to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. Offer to do the driving.

You either have to take a cruise in January, or wait until Freedom arrives in May, or drive down to FLL or Miami for Freedom, Liberty, Independence, or shorter on the Navigator.

Tell him his choices and let him make the decision. We either sail out of PC on Monarch for 3 nights and then 4 nights or drive to Miami and sail out Sat on Liberty or Sun on Freedom and get the Promonade.

Tim

It's also about an hour to Tampa from Orlando, so see what interests you sailing from there. That is the decision we made for our February cruise--we have only sailed from PC, and cruising from Tampa will open us up to a new departure port, ship (Grandeur), and ports of call.

I'm curious if anyone knows anything... Accroding to the RCI website Mariner leaves Pt Canaveral in January 2009 and Freedom is not scheduled to arrive until May 2009. Is that for real? What happens in between the two sailings if you want a 7 day cruise??

I really want a 7 day RCI sailing from Pt Canaveral in February and it doesn't look like I have any options.

We drove from near Hilton Head to Miami in Feb. to sail on FOS (used the Turnpike until it deadended on I-95 in Miami) and it was not bad. Certainly beats flying. Orlando is closer to Miami than our house. I'm just glad that RCI put another large ship into Port Canaveral when they decided to move Mariner. We were afraid there would be no replacement and would have been grateful for another ship being homeported there in Nov. when Oasis comes out so May is just gravy for us. I posted an enormous amount about this issue when we first got the news that Mariner was being moved.

Archived