Chances of a price decrease for QE2's final voyage?

marinearchit

If, by some amazing chance, QE2 won't be fully booked for her final voyage, what are the chances of a price decrease?

The chance to be a part of history and to be the last to sail onboard her would be amazing, but the prices are just too high.

Just wondering what you all think about the chances of a price drop.

Not a chance in hell. Have you seen the speed that the prices in the Autumn Colours are shooting up?

If you ever see a cabin come up, if you don't grab it instantly then you'll lose it. They can more or less charge what they like.

Not that I want to be on the trip.

Quadruple NIL chance I am afraid. It sold out within 33 minutes of being available for sale and there would have to be a huge economic downfall for people to cancel to the point where there would be enough openings to have a last minute panic sale to fill up the ship.

That being said it is interesting that the occasional opening does appear in regards to the final transatlantics and the round UK cruise. But the prices continue to go up and I am just overly thankful I booked right at the beginning.

I'm afraid, despite a possible slowdown in the economy, that the QE2 will be sold out completely on its final voyage. The issue being now - if a cabin does come up - how much are you willing to fork over?

David

Business being such a drag I was forced to cancel my Q3, 2 deck cabin 2076 for 16 October Eastbound. These are great cabins and I occupied 2072 on my last TA Westbound. It was cancelled about thirty minutes ago with my Agent. There is an opening available for about 10 grand plus! Sorry to have to miss this trip as I usually travel Westbound. PS-My secretary has cleared the E-mail from the Agent and is giving me hell about it! I dont really need that at this moment!

Business being such a drag I was forced to cancel my Q3, 2 deck cabin 2076 for 16 October Eastbound. These are great cabins and I occupied 2072 on my last TA Westbound. It was cancelled about thirty minutes ago with my Agent. There is an opening available for about 10 grand plus! Sorry to have to miss this trip as I usually travel Westbound. PS-My secretary has cleared the E-mail from the Agent and is giving me hell about it! I dont really need that at this moment!]

Forget it - even if there were cancellations, there is a wait list a mile long!

They put things back on sale whilst waiting for the waitlist. Cabins have been obtained on the transatlantics by those holding wait list places by simply keeping a close eye on availability. No contact in relation to the waitlist booking was received, yet cabins booked online quite happily.

They put things back on sale whilst waiting for the waitlist. Cabins have been obtained on the transatlantics by those holding wait list places by simply keeping a close eye on availability. No contact in relation to the waitlist booking was received, yet cabins booked online quite happily.

That sounds like how I got on the Farewell to the British Isles cruise. My Cunard TA had me hopelessly waitlisted and I never got any word for her beyond moving up a few slots. By chance, I found a few cabins that came available online and jumped on the opportunity for my cruise. I was skeptical that the agency may have had old information,but they confirmed the cabins were available. I am somewhat puzzled by how the whole waitlisting works.

I am somewhat puzzled by how the whole waitlisting works.

Highlander,

Your puzzled!! it beats me why they have a wait list, l just assumed if a trip was waitlisted you waited your turn for the call from Cunard and just hoped for the best, l wonder how many others are under the same impression?

Im just thankful lm not on such a list.

Highlander,

Your puzzled!! it beats me why they have a wait list, l just assumed if a trip was waitlisted you waited your turn for the call from Cunard and just hoped for the best, l wonder how many others are under the same impression?

Im just thankful lm not on such a list.

You should be so lucky. That is exactly what I did last year for the 40th Anniversary Cruise I was waitlisted on and guess where that landed me...watching the webcam and reading about it here. :confused: When asked the Cunard TA about how rooms get assigned when and if one becomes available and if is there a priority status to past cruisers ( I was only Silver at the time), etc, I never got the same answer twice and got the "well you moved up from 115 to 112 on the list" type response as I checked in weekly. The waitlist program is starting to sound as infamous as the upgrade fairy.

-KenM

Yes, the waitlist does work.. and you can clear. I've had clients clear.

It's all how you waitlist in the first place. Never waitlist for just one category. Pick as many as you are willing to sail in.

From time to time Inventory will be playing around with cabins.. such as they've done with the two final ta's. That's when we can get in and grab.

Open, close, open, close.

FWIW, the waitlist hasn't shrunk in the past month. July ought to be interesting. That's when finals are due.

From time to time Inventory will be playing around with cabins.. such as they've done with the two final ta's. That's when we can get in and grab.

Open, close, open, close.

Can you please explain what "get in and grab" means. I am waitlisted for this crossing and am not sure if I should be nudging Cunard or should wait patiently for them to get in touch with me.

Thanks

I was wait listed for Southampton to Fort Lauderdale in January. I received a telephone call saying that a cabin was available for £3,000 (MI single). That was about twice as much as the original price so I would not pay it on principle. I booked the last leg from NY for a third of this!

I have a cabin on the final Med cruise but still do not know whether I am going - the local news suggested to- night there may be fuel charges on Carnival!

Maureen

Archived