It's my budget and I'm sticking to it!

Kelly43

OK, we are on a tight budget and will have to be very frugal where we spend our $. Therefore, I noticed that people made corrections to charges while in the dining room, etc. I don't want to look dorkish and remind that this is included in the cruise price, nor do I want to ask everytime the waiter comes if the toothpicks, salt, pepper, etc. are included or are they extra? How do you go about finding out if they are putting this on your S&S card or are they good about telling when something is a extra charge. Don't want to ask all the time, seems a little awkward. Thanks everybody! Happy sailing

ELATION 4/10/2005:p

I can't think of any condiment or food related item in the dining room or the buffet that costs extra, but if it is a liquid, it will almost always cost money. There are a few beverages that are free (iced tea, for sure, otherwise it could vary ship to ship) including anything you serve yourself at the buffet, but even water will cost you if you order it in a lounge because the waiter will bring you a bottle.

Most ships have some type of soda card or punch card for alcoholic beverages so you will know the damage in advance. IF it makes financial sense and you take advantage of it, they should help you budget.

Also, a rule of thumb is, if it's premium or "special" it will cost money. Ice cream will be free at the buffet, but Ben & Jerry's will cost money. Coffee is probably free at breakfast, but will cost you at Seattle's Best.

Your ship's website may list in detail exactly what is and is not included - you could also ask a customer service representative before your trip.

Remember, unless its a shore excursion, internet use or something similar, your account is never charged until you sign the charge slip.

Room service is free but you will have to sign a slip for that. (for room service. (dont order a soda coz you will be charged even if you have a soda card.0

the previous poster gave you everything you need to know. If you have to sign for it-- there is a fee.

PS on some ships you can check your account using the televison. You can always go to the pursers desk and ask for a copy.

Reg coffee in Dining Room is free but anything else coffee (Latt, cappos etc)expect to pay on most ships. Anything with alcohol (except menu item) is pay as you go. Go on the board of the ship you are on and ask there. They will know exactly what you pay for.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived