Aqua class Cabin on Solstice

Ercohn

I inquired via email about the balcony size on my reserved 1547 room and just received this response:

"Thank you for your email.

All verandas are covered with the above deck. The veranda for your stateroom is 53 sq. ft. The aft staterooms in the Aqua Class are also covered and have the same veranda size.

Category C1 verandas, in the aft, are 192 sq. ft. and the S2 are 300 sq. ft. All verandas are covered by the previous deck."

Do you think this is so? This would 1) conflict with our theory of the balcony being big on the angled room, and 2) seem to say that the aft cabins do indeed have the huge balconies I've heard about on the other ships. People have been speculating that the aft cabins don't have the big balconies on this ship.

BC

I inquired via email about the balcony size on my reserved 1547 room and just received this response:

"Thank you for your email.

All verandas are covered with the above deck. The veranda for your stateroom is 53 sq. ft. The aft staterooms in the Aqua Class are also covered and have the same veranda size.

Category C1 verandas, in the aft, are 192 sq. ft. and the S2 are 300 sq. ft. All verandas are covered by the previous deck."

Do you think this is so? This would 1) conflict with our theory of the balcony being big on the angled room, and 2) seem to say that the aft cabins do indeed have the huge balconies I've heard about on the other ships. People have been speculating that the aft cabins don't have the big balconies on this ship.

BC

I am booked into one of the aft balcony cabins and do not expect it to have a big balcony. There are plenty of pictures of the ship that show it doesn't have huge balconies..

I just got off the telephone because this email made no sense to me, and I had a fairly rude fellow who claimed that EVERY balcony dimension on EVERY Celebrity cruise ship (in a given category) is exactly the same size, no matter where it is positioned. I told him that I know that this is not true, since I know someone personally who had a larger (aft) balcony on another class of ship. He told me no, I had misinformation and that NO balcony is any different in size than any other balcony. Makes me not want to book with them at all now - just because of his attitude.

BC

I just got off the telephone because this email made no sense to me, and I had a fairly rude fellow who claimed that EVERY balcony dimension on EVERY Celebrity cruise ship (in a given category) is exactly the same size, no matter where it is positioned. I told him that I know that this is not true, since I know someone personally who had a larger (aft) balcony on another class of ship. He told me no, I had misinformation and that NO balcony is any different in size than any other balcony. Makes me not want to book with them at all now - just because of his attitude.

BC

Mistake #1: thinking that anybody that you reach on the phone at Celebrity is going to know anything, or give you any information of value. They are low-paid telephone bank employees. They don't know anything other than what they've been trained on by some low-paid telephone bank superviser.

Most of those people have probably never even been ON a cruise! They know far less than 95% of the posters you will find here on Cruise Critic. They will tell you nothing more than what they can find in the scripts that they are given to do their jobs.

The facts are the facts. You can look at your cabin's balcony and SEE that it's larger than the standard. But they don't advertise this - it's just one of those quirks of cruising that you learn over time. Every ship has those special cabins that have something *extra* that only those in-the-know know about. That's one of the best things about Cruise Critic - you can learn what those secrets are.

The truth is, when it comes to Solstice and Equinox, we're all just speculating. Some of it is EDUCATED speculation - based on photographs that we can see and interpret - but nothing will really be known for certain until those ships sail, and someone can come back here and TELL us that those angled balconies really are bigger, the way they appear the photos.

BC

Well, we all know that is crap! Did you talk with Celebrity? I am always surprised at how little they know. Do they EVER go on their own ships? On the Century there are these lower class suites, the Century Suites.. well, Celebrity's web site states they have these little balconies and you know they don't. There are pictures posted of these large balconies. Still they tell me, 'no, only the same size balcony as the CC'. Then... there are like 8 across... the two on each end are MUCH bigger than those in the middle. It just surprises me that there is so little information with the people that should have it. And here on Cruise Critic, we actually have more information. I don't even bother calling the cruise lines anymore. They don't know much at all... Just the bottom line.

Hi ~ My husband and I are booked on the Solstice. We wanted to book Aqua Class, but did not want to be seated in Blu for the week. We wanted a confirmed seat in the main dining room. Has anyone tried to switch successfully?

Also, does anyone know what the basic spa packages typically cost?

Thanks!

Hi ~ My husband and I are booked on the Solstice. We wanted to book Aqua Class, but did not want to be seated in Blu for the week. We wanted a confirmed seat in the main dining room. Has anyone tried to switch successfully?

Also, does anyone know what the basic spa packages typically cost?

Thanks!

No one has been able to switch because the ship hasn't sailed yet. AquaClass pax can only request a seat in the main dining room once onboard. And since the ship hasn't sailed with passengers yet, no one has had a chance to try this.

No one has been able to switch because the ship hasn't sailed yet. AquaClass pax can only request a seat in the main dining room once onboard. And since the ship hasn't sailed with passengers yet, no one has had a chance to try this.

Correct, and there is no guarantee she will get the dining seating that she requests.

Well, we all know that is crap! Did you talk with Celebrity? I am always surprised at how little they know. Do they EVER go on their own ships? On the Century there are these lower class suites, the Century Suites.. well, Celebrity's web site states they have these little balconies and you know they don't. There are pictures posted of these large balconies. Still they tell me, 'no, only the same size balcony as the CC'. Then... there are like 8 across... the two on each end are MUCH bigger than those in the middle. It just surprises me that there is so little information with the people that should have it. And here on Cruise Critic, we actually have more information. I don't even bother calling the cruise lines anymore. They don't know much at all... Just the bottom line.

Yes, I did call Celebrity. I was really taken back with the fellow's attitude, particularly when I told him about the person I knew who had sailed a different class of ship and HAD a bigger balcony, only to have him say that I was misinformed. This wasn't heresay, it was a coworker who told me her story of the bigger balcony.

BC

Archived