Internet fees/usage

kc1005

We will be cruising on Carnival's Inspiration this summer & I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much it would be to use Carnival's computer while on-board? We just need to use it once--to check in w/ our airlines 24 hrs ahead of time to get our boarding passes. Is this possible?

Thank you!

We live in the middle of nowhere....no high speed internet here! We just bought something called an 881 with USB plug from AT & T. I plug it into my laptop or desktop and go online anywhere AT&T has service. It has its own cell number so if you have cell service, you have internet service. Anyway, they said it could be used in lots of places. Don't know about the cruise, but it is worth a try. 30 days to try it.

We live in the middle of nowhere....no high speed internet here! We just bought something called an 881 with USB plug from AT & T. I plug it into my laptop or desktop and go online anywhere AT&T has service. It has its own cell number so if you have cell service, you have internet service. Anyway, they said it could be used in lots of places. Don't know about the cruise, but it is worth a try. 30 days to try it.

Cell calls cost $2.49+ a minute. The internet is cheaper.

We will be cruising on Carnival's Inspiration this summer & I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much it would be to use Carnival's computer while on-board? We just need to use it once--to check in w/ our airlines 24 hrs ahead of time to get our boarding passes. Is this possible?

Thank you!

This is what I found..

Internet Café Price List

We have several options available to guests wishing to use the internet service. the below options are available. Please note that the internet pricing options* are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop.

• An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.

• A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute ("Pay-As-You-Go") is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.

Discounted Time Plans

Discounted Time Plans offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation. Please note that there is no refund for unused minutes on these Time Plans and upgrading selected pricing options is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises less than six days in length:

• 30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)

• 60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Cruises six days in length and longer:

• 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)

• 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

It sounds like what I use: I have Alltel and use an aircard or express card. I have a number and contract separate from my cellphone. In fact, I have two, as my newer laptop has a different size card slot so I can't move the card back and forth between the two computers. However, it does not work onboard, and if it did, you would be paying roaming charges. EM

Thank you!

There will be a 1 time set up fee of $3.95 and then the per minute charge of .75 if I am not mistaken... I just did what you are asking and did not print out the boarding pass from the ship. My total fee was $5.50 and I got the boarding pass when I arrived at the airport at one of the kiosks.

Actually I think it's a rip-off. For one time use it should be okay.

Our cruise in april we had with us DD and her friend. I bought them 100 minutes for like $59 or something like that. I went down to use some of the time, hell, since I paid for it :rolleyes: and was shocked and how much time was wasted.

I was checking for 1 specific e-mail and wasted about 15 minutes between trying to get on and waiting for things to load.

Fred said it...very very slow.

Roaming charges! I forgot about those! I used the 811 internet thing last night to check this wonderful forum! We had storms all over our state...tornados, etc. Everyone's electric was out, but I used my laptop online until the laptop went dead. It was sort of cool!:cool:

So not an option for cruising!:(

Last Nov I was on Celebration and needed to print my boarding passes. I figured, it would only take a few minutes so I just did the pay as you go thinking the cost would be minimal. Boy was I WRONG!!!! the connection is sooooo slow and the printing was even slower so it took over 35 minutes to get everything done. It would have been cheaper to buy the 1/2 hour plan.

Last Nov I was on Celebration and needed to print my boarding passes. I figured, it would only take a few minutes so I just did the pay as you go thinking the cost would be minimal. Boy was I WRONG!!!! the connection is sooooo slow and the printing was even slower so it took over 35 minutes to get everything done. It would have been cheaper to buy the 1/2 hour plan.

There is really no reason to print the boarding passes while onboard the ship UNLESS you are pushing to make a flight and have no luggage to check.....just have the agent print the boarding pass for you when checking your luggage or use one of the kiosks....

There is really no reason to print the boarding passes while onboard the ship UNLESS you are pushing to make a flight and have no luggage to check.....just have the agent print the boarding pass for you when checking your luggage or use one of the kiosks....

I know this now but at the time, had no clue you could do that. The flight home was my 1st Southwest flight so I had no idea you could print them at the airport. I thought you had to do it all at once.

Archived