how many suitcases are you allowed to bring?

tampaboy26

It isn't too much if you are driving to the port. If you are flying you better bring extra money. With all the additional costs for each bag and a tip for said bag....my husband is starting to rethink our next cruise. I'll have to see into that and change his mind. LOL;)

i have 2 suitcases and a garter bag with shirts on hangers to bring on board. they all have luggage tags on them.

i am also bringing a carry on bag.....

will this be too much??

thanks

Yes, unless the two suitcases are small. I find that if you take half what you think you need you will still have twice too many clothes.

what do you mean

I think he/she was joking. You can bring as many pieces of luggage as you want when you are driving. Carnival sets no limits. You can put everything away in the closets and put suitcases under the bed. I am a big packer, bringing 1 large suitcase, 1 lg. duffle and make-up case. I hang what needs to be hung, put shoes in closet and live out of the suitcase. Whatever makes you happy!

I think he/she was joking. You can bring as many pieces of luggage as you want when you are driving. Carnival sets no limits. You can put everything away in the closets and put suitcases under the bed. I am a big packer, bringing 1 large suitcase, 1 lg. duffle and make-up case. I hang what needs to be hung, put shoes in closet and live out of the suitcase. Whatever makes you happy!

oh good!

Thanks for noticing. Cracks me up sometimes watching what people say & how others react. I think for my last cruise (4 days) I had 2 suitcases, 1 large duffel, 1 garment bag & 2 carry-ons. hee hee. Me likes shoooooes!

:cool: :cool: Good Lord - I hope this is not just for yourself. how many people are you dressing. Like previous poster said - take half of that and you will still have too much. have a great cruise:cool: :cool:

:cool: :cool: Good Lord - I hope this is not just for yourself. how many people are you dressing. Like previous poster said - take half of that and you will still have too much. have a great cruise:cool: :cool:

oh no honey, that was allll me. some people say that......but "me" aint some people. I always overpack & have no problem with it. I create a spreadsheet with the anticipated outfits for each part of the day & at least one back up. My last 7 day-er I had 23 pairs of shoes. Some pack light, cool, to each his own. I pack lots & lots. I'm never at a loss for what to wear & never say "oh darn, I wish I had packed ____"

oh no honey, that was allll me. some people say that......but "me" aint some people. I always overpack & have no problem with it. I create a spreadsheet with the anticipated outfits for each part of the day & at least one back up. My last 7 day-er I had 23 pairs of shoes. Some pack light, cool, to each his own. I pack lots & lots. I'm never at a loss for what to wear & never say "oh darn, I wish I had packed ____"

:cool: :cool: If you can get away with it and not have to fly - go for it. unlike you, I take 3 pair of shoes - one dressy, one running shoes and one beach type. I pack the night before and take one outfit for each day - beach or pool wear included and formal done in two outfits. I take one suitcase per person plus one for shoes (4 of us in a carrry on size) I have to say though that we fly from Canada and have to haul all of this through probably 3 or 4 airports so not an easy task. Enjoy Cindy:cool:

Oh yeah, if I had to fly life would have to be majorly altered, but as of yet, I've never flown to a cruise and unless I cruise from the west coast, I don't plan on it.

Thats one of the great thing about cruising isn't it? Everyone can do what suits themselves. Perfect if you ask me!

Oh yeah, if I had to fly life would have to be majorly altered, but as of yet, I've never flown to a cruise and unless I cruise from the west coast, I don't plan on it.

Thats one of the great thing about cruising isn't it? Everyone can do what suits themselves. Perfect if you ask me!

:cool: :cool: You are very fortunate but you sound like you know it and appreciate it unlike so many others who take it for granted. I so much wish I could be in your shoes - our airfare costs us more than the cruise itself but I love it just the same. if I can save money anywhere I will, and right now it is with baggage unfortunately. You sound like you have everything together so go for it. Cindy:cool: :cool:

yesss i agree with you but this is what i get for asking my mom to help me pack! ive never been on a cruise so i had no idea what to take that was "nice" to wear for dinner. she told me its better to have more shirts incase some get dirty! thank god i talked her out of bringin a coat! i guess this is wht i get for askin my mum!

and yes i meant garment bag

I'm married 28 years to a man that has lived by the packing rule of......"you pack it - you carry it"

After 19 cruises, I only pack what I can carry and it does help with over packing!!

So to the OP - can you carry that much luggage? If you can, then you can bring it. If you can't..... I would suggest taking a few items out.

i have 2 suitcases and a garter bag with shirts on hangers to bring on board. they all have luggage tags on them.

i am also bringing a carry on bag.....

will this be too much??

thanks

You can bring whatever you can handle. However, we find that we ALWAYS overpack.

Last cruise in April we had 4 large bags and two garment bags for 4 people and it was too much as it has been for the previous 8 cruises.

There is laundry onboard so you can do some if needed. I know DW always likes to do that on the sea day right beofre we get back so we don't have to do it when we get home.

One day we'll learn.

Archived