Help Us Decide!

Hi All,

We are trying to decide between Caribbean Princess and RCLL Seranda for a 7 night Caribbean cruise - April 09. ( We were also looking at Celbrity Summit, but decided this ship was not new enough).

For Princess I have an open booking and will get OBC, however, we like the Mexican Riv and we can use that open booking for Mexico in a couple of years.

My husband thought Princess was pretty boring, I liked it- so he asked me to ask the board what your thought are!We are looking for fun at night with this being a port intensive iternerary.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Have not sailed Serenade but her sister ship Jewel and I don't think you could top that ship outside of RCCL That class ship is georgeous and IMHO no one gives you a cruise like RCCL. The classiness and the fun are an unbeatable duo!!!!

Good luck and happy cruising!!:)

I'm trying the Caribbean Princess after many years of sailing almost exclusively with Royal Caribbean. We are very satisfied with the RCI product, but wanted to shake things up and try something different.

Variety is the spice of life! I think you should try something new and go with the Serenade, especially since you have a plan to go back to Princess for a Mexican Riviera cruise in the future. (I wish Serenade or one of her sister ships sailed the Caribbean during the summer so that I'd have the opportunity to try it too!)

Thanks for the help-

We booked the Seranade today! WHOOOOOO!!!! We are very excited and are looking forward to a new expierence. We will probally book Princess for Oct 09- Mex Riv, the advice was really needed!

Yes, the Radiance class is our favorite also. The Jewel was absolutely gorgeous and we can't wait until we go on the Serenade. After we do the Independence, we will probably only cruise Radiance class. We really don't have any desire at this point to go on Oasis and be with 5,000 other cruisers.

Yes, the Radiance class is our favorite also. The Jewel was absolutely gorgeous and we can't wait until we go on the Serenade. After we do the Independence, we will probably only cruise Radiance class. We really don't have any desire at this point to go on Oasis and be with 5,000 other cruisers.

Radiance class has the best AFT balconies also!

I hear you- 5000 passengers sounds a little too big for our tastes! One other reason we booked RCLL is the boards here seem much friendlier than some other threads. It seems to me RCLL fans are pretty happy! That is a good thing!

Thanks for the help-

We booked the Seranade today! WHOOOOOO!!!! We are very excited and are looking forward to a new expierence. We will probally book Princess for Oct 09- Mex Riv, the advice was really needed!

I don't think you will be unhappy. Perhaps after your Serenade experience you will not even want to try Princess!! Last year while we were on Jewel a Princess ship was beside us and there were some women on their balcony and I sdaid hi to them through the window. They gestured that they wanted to be on our ship not theirs. They said RCCL was much nicer all around. That was a nice feeling but I did feel sorry for them that they were unhappy.

Good luck and happy cruising!!!!:)

Archived