Lounge chair hogs

John Heald, Senior Cruise Director for Carnival Corporation, has a unique way of handing show-lounge-seat savers on his vacation. I love his blog! The pertinent story starts in the fourth paragraph. (He and his wife were on a Princess ship.)

Fabulous - just Fabulous!

John Heald, Senior Cruise Director for Carnival Corporation, has a unique way of handing show-lounge-seat savers on his vacation. I love his blog! The pertinent story starts in the fourth paragraph. (He and his wife were on a Princess ship.)

Robin

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/03/30/farewell-my-princess/

Outstanding!! I just became a fan of John Heald:)

The worst chair hogs that I've ever known about was on Celebrity's Galaxy last March in the Caribbean. At 9am I noticed that two padded lounge chairs underneath one of the sheltered decks on the sides of the outdoor pool were reserved with towels, a paperback book on one and a suntan lotion on the other. I kept an observant eye on these throughout the day from my spot. When I finally left seven hours later, gloriously suntanned, at 4pm, no-one had deigned to show up to claim their "reserved" seats. :eek:

Donald.

On Carnival, I had something like that happen too. A guy left his stuff on the chair the night before, but he was too hung over to claim it until about 2:30 in the afternoon. He still expected the chair to be his, he came over and told me that he had left his stuff on it to reserve it. I said sorry, I have been in this chair for about 3 hours and that stuff was on the floor, I thought it belong to the chair next to mine. He stood there with his glassy eyes looking at me for about 30 seconds as if he expected me to get up, I gave him a polite "What" look and he left.

Archived