Tampa Hotels

lindap6619

Ybor city is a fun area and not far from the port. I normally just get a room off of Priceline and put in the down town area. Unless I am going to Skippers Smokehouse to eat some great seafood and see a great band then I will stay closer to that area so no one drinks and drives. Have a great cruise.

I don't know how close it is to the port, but we booked the Holiday Inn Express at Rocky Point. The rate includes pick up at the airport, shuttle to the cruise terminal, pick up at end of cruise back to the airport. It also includes a hot breakfast buffet and a shuttle that will take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. Sounded pretty good for $139 a night. We're going down 2 days before out September cruise.

I don't know how close it is to the port, but we booked the Holiday Inn Express at Rocky Point. The rate includes pick up at the airport, shuttle to the cruise terminal, pick up at end of cruise back to the airport. It also includes a hot breakfast buffet and a shuttle that will take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. Sounded pretty good for $139 a night. We're going down 2 days before out September cruise.

We booked that same one for October. The website pictures look really good and the transportation included is a real plus

There is a Marriott and an Embassy Suites, both downtown and literally a stone's throw from the cruise terminal. We used the Embassy and visited the Marriott - both were very nice and extremely convenient for that final trip to the ship the day of the cruise.

There is a Marriott and an Embassy Suites, both downtown and literally a stone's throw from the cruise terminal. We used the Embassy and visited the Marriott - both were very nice and extremely convenient for that final trip to the ship the day of the cruise.

Does the Embassy have an airport shuttle and shuttle to peir?

not that i recall seeing...

BTW the marriott was lovely...one of the nicest i've stayed in.....skip champions..the food and service were not great....but other than that, i was pleased. you can cab it to the port for under 10 bucks i would think. actually you COULD walk..or take the streetcar thing in front, get off opposite channelside (you can get to the pier from there i think.....the ships are so close, i swear you could touch them from some of the hsops/restaurants there.)

Do you know the cost of a taxi or shuttle from the air port to the Embassy S.?

Not to be a pest but last cruise we spent $$$ on taxis to and from airports, pier and hotels. It would be nice to have a hotel close enough to walk but with the amount of luggage I normally take I don't think I could cart it that far!!

From the website the trolley looks fun.

The cost of a taxi from the airport to the port was just announced on the news last night. The cost has gone up from $22 to $25. Still not bad. There are a lot of things to do in the area of the Marriot and the Embassy Suites. Channelside is a really nice area. There is even a bowling alley in one of the resturants. Have a great cruise and enjoy our area.

I think there is a super shuttle as well....

www.supershuttle.com

I wouldn't walk either.....BUT it can be done......(again....luggage + the HOT=NO WAY!!:D )

you can see ships from the Marriott if you have a room on the right side. It really was one of the best Marriotts in which I've stayed.....

You could call them and see if there is maybe a cruise package or something....(i would call a couple of them direct).....

I think there is a super shuttle as well....

www.supershuttle.com

You could call them and see if there is maybe a cruise package or something....(i would call a couple of them direct).....

We usually like to use DH's Hhonors points for our pre and/or post hotels but the Embassy is 50,000 points which is more than the Caribe Hilton in San Juan! They have a cruise package listed now for 139.00 with transportation so I will wait and see what they come up with for 2009. I will check out the Marriott though and see what they list.

Thanks for the link to the shuttle service I have saved the link in my travel folder.:)

I am taking a group on the legend in Feb 09. I checked all around and the Hampton Inn Rocky Point gave us the best deal. They will pick us up at the airport when we arrive, take us to the port and pick us up from the port and take us to the airport when we return. If you have anyone driving, this also includes parking for the week. I booked 10 rooms and they gave me a group rate of $149. Also the group can book on the internet with the group code, or over the phone for those who aren't computer savy!!!

Does the Embassy have an airport shuttle and shuttle to peir?

This has probably already been answered but no, Embassy Suites downtown does not have it's own shuttle. It does however have a working arrangement with Blue One Transporation for that type of service. The charge per person from the hotel to the cruise terminal was $3. On the cost of taxi between the airport and the Embassy (as well as between the airport and the cruise terminal) is a flat $25 per cab (not per person).

Archived