Help on PV, Cabo, and Mazatlan excursions/beaches please!

marciemi

I have a few questions about these ports. We're on the Diamond Princess in December. In PV from 7-6, Mazatlan from 7-5, and Cabo only from 7-2 (my biggest concern).

1. PV - We're planning on doing the early AM Canopy tour through Princess. Supposed to get back at 12:30. Will we have time to go to a beach? Is there one in walking distance or do we need a cab? Where will we return after the canopy tour (just to the ship?). We don't sail until 6, so I'd like to spend some time at a beach. Also, I think this is a docking port, am I right?

2. Mazatlan/Cabo. Basically, we'd like to do a tour with some beach time at one of these ports, and go to a beach on our own at the other port. Snorkeling is not necessary for extra $$, but I'll do it if that's the best excursion. Which of these ports is easier to go to a hotel/beach area that we could walk to or take a cab to easily and just hang out by a pool, beach, eat, etc? If we do the beach in Cabo, we're thinking of the combined tour in Mazatlan that does shopping, beach, lunch, show. Is this any good? If we go to a beach on our own in Mazatlan, we were thinking of the Lands' End boat tour and beach visit? Again, any input? Also, do you dock in Mazatlan and tender in Cabo? That worries me more about Cabo since we're there so briefly. Any other excursion suggestions for Cabo?

I'm traveling just with my 60-something Mom and neither of us are big drinkers, so not looking for Cabo Wabo, or similar. More just a place to relax by the water suggestions that are easy to get to.

Thanks for any help!!

Archived