QM2 cat.B5, 8073, cabin question

Kruizefan

• 5 years later...

Thanks Kruizefan, unfortunately think we are stuck with it. Booked last minute and could only get 'guarantee' cabin and as of yesterday this cabin number got allocated to us! Going to be a bit hard as last time we sailed on the QM2 we were in a princess suite! I don;t think we are going to like it at all but I guess you get what you pay for and besides I don't see any way I can change it now! Any ideas?

I don't think there's much you can do now. Which category did you book your guarantee for? Maybe it's an upgrade from what you booked?

There is a huge dollar difference for this stateroom as compared with the Princess suites.

I've not stayed in an obstructed view but on deck 4.

To be honest, other than first thing in the morning and maybe a rest during the day, we weren't in the cabin that much. I loved being on deck 7.

Edited by Pushka

We will just make the most of it now. Happy it is mid-ship at least. I booked in a hurry with a travel agent and asked for a balcony cabin and was not informed the fare I had paid for was for an obstructed view cabin - found out later just by chance when I phoned Cunard. Really stupid on my part, I know!! Planning to just go with the flow and not stress over it now.

I did love being in a Princess Suite on deck 10 the last time. Can't beat spending some afternoon time sitting on your own deck chair reading a book whilst afternoon tea is brought out to you on your balcony!! Felt very spoilt. The last cruise on the QM2 was for a special occasion where as this time it was just a bargain we could not resist so certainly cannot complain!

I don't think there's much you can do now. Which category did you book your guarantee for? Maybe it's an upgrade from what you booked?

There is a huge dollar difference for this stateroom as compared with the Princess suites.

I've not stayed in an obstructed view but on deck 4.

To be honest, other than first thing in the morning and maybe a rest during the day, we weren't in the cabin that much. I loved being on deck 7.

Hi Pushka, yes, I agree with you that Deck 7 on QM2 is lovely - but I wouldn't want to sleep there! Good for a nap on the deck chairs though, weather permitting :)

Edited by Salacia

We will just make the most of it now. Happy it is mid-ship at least. I booked in a hurry with a travel agent and asked for a balcony cabin and was not informed the fare I had paid for was for an obstructed view cabin - found out later just by chance when I phoned Cunard. Really stupid on my part, I know!! Planning to just go with the flow and not stress over it now.

I did love being in a Princess Suite on deck 10 the last time. Can't beat spending some afternoon time sitting on your own deck chair reading a book whilst afternoon tea is brought out to you on your balcony!! Felt very spoilt. The last cruise on the QM2 was for a special occasion where as this time it was just a bargain we could not resist so certainly cannot complain!

Just a suggestion: if you are willing to spend more for better accommodations, contact your travel agent and enquire about any possible paid upgrades. It's a long shot, but hey, you'll never know unless you ask - especially if your travel agent is interested in keeping you as a client (which is why it helps to develop a track record with our travel agents, and vice versa ;)

Bon Voyage,

Salacia

Edited by Salacia