Songs that are good for Alaska trip slideshow/DVD

tjbarney

Hi everyone! Just got back from Alaska and I am about to dive into the 1000's of pictures I have to make the slideshow/DVD for our trip. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are for good songs to play during DVD? I usually have no problem choosing songs to put onto them, but that is because they are all usually made of trips to the Caribbean :rolleyes:. So, I would appreciate anyone's input on songs that are Alaskanish? :D

This is so coincidental! I live in SE Pennsylvania where it is a sweltering 100degrees, I think! Our air conditioner is broken:mad: so I decided to go down into the cool basement and look at our Alaskan slideshow (with music)to "cool off". Of course, I have to jump on CC and there is your post!

Here's what I used:

Vancouver sail away=Sailing by Christopher Cross

Inside Passage/Ketchikan=Beyond The Sea

Misty Fjords Floatplane Excursion=Kenny G Jazz Silhoutte

White Pass & Yukon RR= James Last Orange Blossom Special(instrumental)

Skagway=Joplin Maple Leaf Ragtime

Whale Watching=Nature Sounds of the Humpback Whale

Mendenhall (Glaciers and Eagles and Bear..Oh My!)= On Eagles Wings by Josh Groban

Juneau Icefield Dog Sledding and Helicopter ride= Kenny G Breathless

Glacier Bay= Two Tickets to Paradise by Eddie Money

College Fjord= Celtic Enya Sail Away(Orinoco Flow)

Alaskan Railroad= Bluegrass fast fiddle and bandjo tune

Denali National Park=Elvis Presley How Great Thou Art (this came out so beautful! The majesty and awesomeness of Denali makes me think of the Creator!)

Fairbanks, Discovery Riverboat, El Dorado Goldmine and Pipeline= Sunny Afternoons (instrumental)

Hope this helps:)

Hi everyone! Just got back from Alaska and I am about to dive into the 1000's of pictures I have to make the slideshow/DVD for our trip. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are for good songs to play during DVD? I usually have no problem choosing songs to put onto them, but that is because they are all usually made of trips to the Caribbean :rolleyes:. So, I would appreciate anyone's input on songs that are Alaskanish? :D

I have my favorites and they are Johnny Horton (North to Alaska & When It's Springtime in Alaska) and also John Denver has several I like on his CD, "Songs for America". Also, James Galway has some nice piano music.

I've also heard some classical guitar music that sounds good. Listen to how this sounds: http://alaskanart.net/Misty-Tour.html

Have fun!

The best I've heard is by IZ ( Israel Kamakawiwo) He was a Hawaiin legend and he did a medley with Somewhere over the Rainbow and What a Wonderful World that is truly remarkable. I just used that for my Alaska photos and everybody remarks on what a perfect choice that was.

You cannot go wrong with this choice. I first heard it while doing a helicopter tour over Maui and I instantly bought the CD. Let me know what you think. It's soft enough for background music and his version of the songs are amazing. Let me know what you think.

I do like alot of the above ideas also, but this one wins hands down, in my opinion.

I highly highly recommend "Loin De Villes" by Yann Tiersen. He's done several instrumental soundtracks for major motion pictures, including the film "Amelie". This song in particular is just really pretty and I think captures the majestic spirit of Alaska (all wrapped into a 3.5 minute package :D )

Send me a private message if you can't locate the song.

Archived