Regent Voyager

cdmann

My husband and I are sailing on our first Regent Cruise in October (Istanbul to Athens) on the Voyager- we have booked suite 1023-Penhouse mid ship and now have concerns about being under the pool deck. Can anyone confirm that itwill be okay and not a problem?

thanks

Cathy

We are also doing Voyager sailing from Istanbul to Athens (October 3rd). In 2006 we were on the Voyager (Baltics) on deck 10 under the pool. We did hear what sounded like scraping of chairs from our suite. It was a summer cruise so there a few children running around. It was not a big deal -- it does not go on during the night.

Although our preference would not be under the pool, if there was nothing else available, I'd book it. The main areas to avoid (if possible) is aft -- on any deck. Hope this didn't come across negative -- Voyager is our favorite ship.:)

Hi Travelcat2,

We are on the Voyager on October 18 (guess we'll miss you by 2 weeks) -obviously no children on the October cruises- was the noice all day (starting early in the morning until dinner) or just sporatically-

We booked this last October thinking it was a special suite -since midship is preferable and then a friend pointed out the pool and when I went to change the TA said all were booked except the back of the ship which has vibrations.

All your feedback is very much appreciated

Cathy

Cathy,

We noticed the noise the most in the morning when chairs were being set up, the deck being swabbed, etc. Even then, it wasn't enough to wake us up. The rest sporatic.

Just looked up your suite -- wow -- I would definely not pass that up! I'm sure you will have a great time. This is a great itinerary -- think we'll enjoy our cruises;)

TC2 (Jackie)

Hi Jackie,

So only in the morning-that is great news- we are early risers anyway- liketo see and do everything. It is our 35th anniversay celebration. We have been on Silversea 3 times and several people said that the whole atmosphere on Regent is great.

Any recommendations- have you been on this cruise before?

Thanks again.

Did I see you are from Bellingham, Washinton- I have relatives

Cathy

We were in 1026 fo 14 days Hong Kong to Singapore a few years ago and we did hear them setting up the chairs in the morning, but it did not bother us at all. The suite is wonderful with lots of room, we liked that square cofiguration and would book it again.

Cathy,

We have been to Athens, but, not the rest of the itinerary. When we travel, I do research on the area. For excursions, we tend to look at private/small local tour operators (that have good reputations). We are doing 1 night post-cruise in Istanbul (booked Regent). I'm more or less in the research stage at the moment.

It was good to hear that cdmann stayed in "your" suite. . . . When I am on the cruise, I'll post (not as much as my Alaska cruise a couple of weeks ago -- but, will definitely give my impressions).

Jackie

Hi Travelcat2,

We are on the Voyager on October 18 (guess we'll miss you by 2 weeks) -obviously no children on the October cruises- was the noice all day (starting early in the morning until dinner) or just sporatically-

We booked this last October thinking it was a special suite -since midship is preferable and then a friend pointed out the pool and when I went to change the TA said all were booked except the back of the ship which has vibrations.

All your feedback is very much appreciated

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

We are on the same segement with you, but continue on after Athens , on to Monte Carlo. We have been on the Voyager many times and you will love it. I am not looking forward to the long flight to Istanbul from LAX, but we are glad to have a 2nd day in port so we can see the main attractions. Happy Anniversary! We celebrate our 39th in August, and try to get to the Med every year. This itinerary is superb! We are on Deck 6 midship, Mike and Mary. Hope to meet you onboard!:p

Wonderful, we are getting more CC'ers on this cruise! Welcome to the group, Cathy. We are on the same segment as you. We met Mike & Mary (LOVE@CRUISE) on the Navigator last year and are thrilled that they are going to be on our segment as well! We can't wait to experience the Voyager - I know we're going to love it!

Archived