Can I Carry On Luggage?

bigred4770

Hi all.

After reading another post, and not wanting to hijack it, I was wondering lon Carnival can you carry on all of your luggage?

I read people saying what a pain in the butt it can be but I have never seen that option before. I am going on my first Carnival cruise in four weeks and would like that option due to a basd experience in the past. Once, on another line, they lost my luggage (I only had one piece and had not split it up in othert peoples' luggage) until about halfway through the cruise. Although I did get reimbursed for the purchases I had to make, it was very difficult having to shop all the time and not do the things I really enjoy on vacation - namely lying on a beach somewhere

Thankjs for you input.

From the carnival website

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more that 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"w x 16"h. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags.

Thanks for the response. That is what I pressumed as well since everu cruiseline has always required all large bags to be checked. However there was a thread talking about the idea that they see people carrying on luggage and having to cart it up the gangway and that they wouyld have it sitting around the buffet area while waiting for their room to be ready.

Thanks for the response. That is what I pressumed as well since everu cruiseline has always required all large bags to be checked. However there was a thread talking about the idea that they see people carrying on luggage and having to cart it up the gangway and that they wouyld have it sitting around the buffet area while waiting for their room to be ready.

Yes, if you carry it on and arrive before the rooms are ready, you have to carry it arround the ship with you.

Yes you can but why would you?

If it fits through the x-ray then go for it but you'll have to lug it around with you until your cabin is ready to go.

I've been on 9 cruises and nothing has ever been lost. What I try to do is look for a porter who has a bin half full. This way my luggage will get sandwiched in the middle (without being crushed) and not end up in the drink. I figure if mine gets lost then the entire bin is missing.

I always tip the porter and I always make sure he see's right up front what I'm giving him. I usually tip around $2 a bag and I'll wrap the singles up in a $5. Yes, I'm paying for a little extra insurance.

Hopefully I did not jinx myself. :rolleyes:

sorry - I did not see the last post prior to posting my own.

So esssentially, you can bring your own luggage on the ship with you?

Only if it fits through the X-Ray machine. But if you can't get into your Stateroom then you are going to have to lug your luggage all over the place. Just have them deliver it to your Stateroom. Once it is on board the ship it will get to you.

Thanks for the responses. I too have always tipped the porters at the dock but then still had the unfortunite experience to have my one piece delayed. I thought it would be only carry on luggage as that could become a real pain with all the bags all over the place (not to mention the wait in the elevators). Ive been on RCCL, Princess, HAL, and Celebrity and all of them have never allowed passangers to bring on their big pieces of luggage. Just thought Carnival was allowing something different.

Archived