Tracking down a crewmember

taffy12

Generally, crewmembers that want to stay in touch will give you their employee contact number.

There is a general address that mail goes to and this emplyee contact number directs to letter to them from there.

Does anyone have any tips on how to find and get in touch with a crewmember after you've left the ship?

Let it go honey.

You had a few drinks, shared a few laughs....

Its over. Let it go.

Just kidding. :D

Yea if crew members want you to contact them they will let you know how.

Let it go honey.

You had a few drinks' date=' shared a few laughs....

Its over. Let it go.

Just kidding. :D

Yea if crew members want you to contact them they will let you know how.[/quote']

They say they will call, but they never do :(. Why is that?

Picture it, Sicily, 1912.

A beautiful young peasant girl with clear olive skin, meets an exciting but penniless Spanish artist.

There's an instant attraction. The laugh, they sing, they slam down a few boiler makers. And shortly after wards he is arrested for showing her how he can hold his pallet without using his hands.

But I digress.

He paints her portrait and they make passionate love.

She spends much of the next day in the shower with a luffa sponge scrubbing his finger prints off her body.

She see's the portrait and is insulted. It look's nothing like her, and she storms out of his life forever.

That peasant girl was me. And that painter was....Pablo Picasso.

Sophia Petrillo.

Picture it' date=' Sicily, 1912.

A beautiful young peasant girl with clear olive skin, meets an exciting but penniless Spanish artist.

There's an instant attraction. The laugh, they sing, they slam down a few boiler makers. And shortly after wards he is arrested for showing her how he can hold his pallet without using his hands.

But I digress.

She spends much of the next day in the shower with a luffa sponge scrubbing his finger prints off her body.

She see's the portrait and is insulted. It look's nothing like her, and she storms out of his life forever.

Sophia Petrillo.[/quote']

:p :p :p :D :)

Dontcha love that lady!!!!??

Ah, nothing like a little shipboard romance.

Honey, if the crew member wanted to hear from you again, he or she would have given you his address.

Let it go....he or she gets a new crop of sweeties every week.

It's one of the perks.:rolleyes:

My son became fast friends with a nice Jamaican cook on the Vision of the Seas. He even came ashore with us in Cabo. Very nice hard working kid, dreaming of his own restaurant.

He calls every now and then to check on us and now talks to us since my son is off in Japan.

Remember sometimes crew have very limited time off ship to make calls home and relax and purchase things they need.

If you traded numbers give it a month or two even, because their schedules are brutal!

It is hard not to get attached, heck I have wanted to take every steward and most waiters home too...Just think towel animals every night and dancing waiters serving you dinner at HOME! Wheeeeeeeeee

Nancy

I have wanted to take every steward and most waiters home too...

Nancy

Me too Honey, me too, but not for towel animals every night and dancing waiters serving you dinner at HOME!

Seriously though, I still keep in touch with a couple of crewmembers I met years ago on the Pacific Princess ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mary49
They say they will call, but they never do :(. Why is that?

Hi Pegs, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. I guess when you think about it your only there for a week and they are suppose to be friendly and charming to the passengers and so we fall under their spell and expect them to keep in touch. I guess that's all part of cruising. Mary49

But I digress.

MAAA!! Stop that!

But I digress.

I am laughing sooooo hard right now. I loved that show!

Hi Pegs, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. I guess when you think about it your only there for a week and they are suppose to be friendly and charming to the passengers and so we fall under their spell and expect them to keep in touch. I guess that's all part of cruising. Mary49

LOL

Have any of you seen that captain on the Miracle? I dont usually go for that type.. but my oh my was he handsome!

Your so right Mary. They treat you like royalty for 3-12 days and then they throw you off the ship w/o a backward glance. What did we do? Did we not say thank you/please enough? I will work on that, I promise.

Your so right Mary. They treat you like royalty for 3-12 days and then they throw you off the ship w/o a backward glance. What did we do? Did we not say thank you/please enough? I will work on that, I promise.

Hi Pegs! :D

Sorry OP for being off topic...

Hey Carm, you have been AWOL, how have you been? I am in double digits now for our cruise :D

Not AWOL...Just lurking! :D I'm sure you are getting so excited you can hardly stand it! I can't believe your trip is almost here!

We swore the last cruise would be the last for awhile so we could start our family...but when I saw the price of the 7 day Triumph in January, we couldnt' pass it up and we will be heading out again :o

Not AWOL...Just lurking! :D I'm sure you are getting so excited you can hardly stand it! I can't believe your trip is almost here!

We swore the last cruise would be the last for awhile so we could start our family...but when I saw the price of the 7 day Triumph in January, we couldnt' pass it up and we will be heading out again :o

What better way to start a family than on a cruise? ;);)

How exciting for you, that is really great news. Mike and I are going to take a year off and go out east next summer. Then in 2010 we are going on a cruise to Alaska. I promised Mike that since I am "dragging" him to Europe, I will go with him to Alaska. I honestly do not want to go, but maybe I can find something I will like about it. Everyone says it is a great cruise, just do not see what is to get excited about.

Do you ever hear from our Lizzie?

Archived