Fuel Surcharge

I booked a Grandeur cruise for July 09, and the price quote I got was with the fuel surcharge, pre May 1, 2008 and taxes and fees. We booked it unfortunately on May 2, not knowing about the difference.

I checked with my TA last week on the balance due, and it was higher than I anticipated. Her response to me was the $72 fuel supplement. At the time, I forgot to ask if I should only be paying the difference between the two supplements, meaning the additonal $27 instead of an additonal $72. Otherwise, I'll be paying $117 for a 9 night cruise supplement instead of $72. And will I see another increase or am I locked into this price for the fuel supplement?

A girl has to plan for this, as it cuts into my drinking and gambling budget!

I booked a Grandeur cruise for July 09, and the price quote I got was with the fuel surcharge, pre May 1, 2008 and taxes and fees. We booked it unfortunately on May 2, not knowing about the difference.

I checked with my TA last week on the balance due, and it was higher than I anticipated. Her response to me was the $72 fuel supplement. At the time, I forgot to ask if I should only be paying the difference between the two supplements, meaning the additonal $27 instead of an additonal $72. Otherwise, I'll be paying $117 for a 9 night cruise supplement instead of $72. And will I see another increase or am I locked into this price for the fuel supplement?

A girl has to plan for this, as it cuts into my drinking and gambling budget!

The fuel surcharge that you pay is the fuel surcharge that was in effect when you paid your deposit. If there are two passengers in your cabin, that's $8 per day per person, or $72 per person for the cruise, for a total of $144 if there are two of you.

Archived