London Eye Day or Night

Hi,

We will be in London in July and are trying to decide weather to take the Eye during the Day or take it in the evening.

All feedback welcomed!!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!!

Pam

Hi Pam

I think it's best to ride the London Eye during the day when you can see many famous landmarks. In July, you should have a very clear view. The London Eye is only a few minutes walk from the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben and these are floodlit at night - so, take your pick! Make sure that you book your tickets well in advance - the Eye gets very busy during the summer months when there are many tourists visiting London. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Ros

... to take the Eye during the Day or take it in the evening.

I would go while it is still light outside to get a better view. It might be nice to see the lights at night but the overall view of the city will be worse.

I think it depends on how well you know London. To first timers it's probably better in the day as there's so much more you can recognise. It's also nice to go on it at dusk. As the day goes on it's normally a lot quieter and the lights coming on over London can be very pretty. Perfect if you are overnighting in London followed by a stroll along the Thames and a nice meal. It's a good sightsee so enjoy!

Hello,

This will be our first trip to London. We are from Chicago. We arrive on next Tuesday and depart for our 14 night baltic cruise on Saturday am.

I had a couple of sightseeing questions if I could get some help?

Transportation? Bus or Oyster card. Children free?

Staying near Hyde Park, how far to the Tower of London? Best way to get there from the Marble Arch?

Is Wednesday or Friday busier?

Thanks for any advice....

Kathy

Today it didn't get completely DARK here until around 10PM...This is my first summer living away from the States, but I'm assuming it will be similar in July.

Archived