Cabin "Guarantee"

Mimi19510

We've always booked a guaranty and been fairly happy- On RCI we got a cabin on the aft of the shift that FABULOUS 20 hours of the day.- THe other 4 hours it was a little noisy- but the monstous balcony made up for it

We always book a guarantee and have never been disappointed. We just returned today from the Miracle and we were in cabin 8157 and it was awesome. The balcony actually looked bigger than usual, it was a cabin for 4. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong by booking a guarantee but that's just me!

I booked a Suite Guarantee on Carnival Triumph and saved some bucks off of the regular suite price...my cruise sails in November...anyone have experience with Carnival and booking a guaranteed suite???

Seems like there are two threads here with the same topic?

So, I will post my question here as well

I booked a Suite Guarantee on Carnival Triumph and saved some bucks off of the regular suite price...my cruise sails in November...anyone have experience with Carnival and booking a guaranteed suite???

I booked a Guarantee balcony for my January '09 cruise on the Carnival Freedom. What are our chances for an upgrade?
Probably in the range of 0%-99%:p

Really, it will depend on how the cabins sell on that particular voyage.

When it gets closer to the sailing date most of the balconies may be sold. For example, say that there is only one of each balcony available, 8A,B,C,D & 9A. If they sell the 8A, B, D & 9A a guaranteed passenger will be in the 8C that is left.

Now the balconies are sold out and the guaranteed passengers (you're not the only one) will be assigned cabins. Those cabins may still be listed as for sale if there are also higher categories (the suites) with vacancies. If someone wants to book the category that you're in, you may be upgraded to a suite. However, to optimize their income, Carnival will probably first call some of the passengers in balconies and offer them upgrades to a suite for a price instead of giving a guarantee a "free" upgrade.

We've used guarantees a number of times and have always been happy with the results. Never have been really upgraded but never a problem. Having said that, we enjoy the motion of the ship so cabins all the way forward or aft are really our preference. Had a midship cabin on the last cruise and we both commented on how we missed being "rocked to sleep" at night:D

Charlie

Probably in the range of 0%-99%:p

Really, it will depend on how the cabins sell on that particular voyage.

When it gets closer to the sailing date most of the balconies may be sold. For example, say that there is only one of each balcony available, 8A,B,C,D & 9A. If they sell the 8A, B, D & 9A a guaranteed passenger will be in the 8C that is left.

Now the balconies are sold out and the guaranteed passengers (you're not the only one) will be assigned cabins. Those cabins may still be listed as for sale if there are also higher categories (the suites) with vacancies. If someone wants to book the category that you're in, you may be upgraded to a suite. However, to optimize their income, Carnival will probably first call some of the passengers in balconies and offer them upgrades to a suite for a price instead of giving a guarantee a "free" upgrade.

We've used guarantees a number of times and have always been happy with the results. Never have been really upgraded but never a problem. Having said that, we enjoy the motion of the ship so cabins all the way forward or aft are really our preference. Had a midship cabin on the last cruise and we both commented on how we missed being "rocked to sleep" at night:D

Charlie

Gee thanks for the info! I'll take the 99% thanks! Seriously, it's my first cruise, so I'll be happy wherever they put me. I just wanna get on that ship somewhere, anywhere, but soon please.:)

Archived