Specialty Coffees?

nvrendingluvv

The coffee card is a great deal - perfect for latte-crazy people such as myself.

Also worth noting is the lattes & iced drinks can be put in 'to-go' cups - great for those days when you have to get off early in port!

Just curious, since I like Starbucks:

~Do they taste as good as Starbucks?

~How big of a cup do you get? Would they fill my own insulated cup?

~Do they have Chai Latte or Chai Frappachino (cold drink)?

I didn't check it out on the last cruise, but will on the next one if they are good. Thanks for any advice.

The coffees are real. They have the espresso machine and the drip machine. On the Island back in May, I bought a card after hearing the horror stories about the syrup-based coffee served in the dining rooms and buffet. Turns out, once I bought the coffee, they did not punch my card if I ordered a drip coffee, only for lattes, caps, etc. So, I felt like I was getting 3-fers - drip in the morning, cap in the afternoon, drip in the evening, only getting punched for the cap.

~Do they taste as good as Starbucks?

*****Well.... I don't care for Starbucks so I thought they were better :)

~How big of a cup do you get? Would they fill my own insulated cup?

*****The extra large size is worth two 'punches' on your card. You'll have to decide if it is worth it to you.

*****I don't remember about frap's but the chai latte's were sadly made with a powder stuff which I thought was good until I discovered chucks of unstired powder in my cup - yuck!! That spoiled it. Definately not authentic chai!

I didn't check it out on the last cruise, but will on the next one if they are good. Thanks for any advice.

*****You really must check it out ... we really loved just spending time in the International Cafe! - What a great place.

Enjoy :)

The Chai Latte served to me on a May 2008 cruise was from a ready mix carton -- they showed me the carton the type one buys from Costco. I personally do not know of Chai Latte made from scratch served anywhere. /Sultan

Archived