Tell my brother how much he's going to enjoy Carnival!

Jenbo57

My brother Joe and his wife Kerry will be cruising with Carnival for the first time next month -- the Mexican Riviera on the Pride. Joe's been on HAL, Celebrity, Princess and Norwegian, and is just a tad bit nervous about cruising on Carnival, because of comments he's read by some of the Carnival bashers out there.

Please, tell Joe and Kerry how much fun they're going to have and about your favorite experience with Carnival. I'll send them over to this thread to read your comments!

Thanks! :D

Joe, you will hopefully have a wonderful cruise experience! We love Carnival, and will continue to go back. It's always better to make up your own mind about a cruise line, than to go by what others are saying. Everyone's expectations and standards are different. Therefore Carnival may not be for everyone, but they are right for many, and you may be one of them!

1st cruise-Carnival Miracle honeymoon...fell in love with cruising and vowed that we would do this as often as possible.

2nd cruise-Princess Grand Princess....started to second guess my new found addiction. Had some serious problems this trip. Long story.:eek:

3rd cruise-Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas....loved, loved, loved. Ok so second cruise must have been a fluke.

4th cruise-coming up....back to Carnival....just can't beat it for the price point, amazing service, fun atmosphere, you name it.

I have a feeling we have many many more Carnival cruises to come. Just tell him to trust us and go and have a great time!!!:D

My brother Joe and his wife Kerry will be cruising with Carnival for the first time next month -- the Mexican Riviera on the Pride. Joe's been on HAL, Celebrity, Princess and Norwegian, and is just a tad bit nervous about cruising on Carnival, because of comments he's read by some of the Carnival bashers out there.

Please, tell Joe and Kerry how much fun they're going to have and about your favorite experience with Carnival. I'll send them over to this thread to read your comments!

image.php?u=343948&dateline=1208305661H'mmm Joe and Kerry, Just don't go on comparing lines, just go and enjoy yourself and I know you will be pleased!!!!!!! :)

I will also be on the Pride next month, leaving July 20th. I did my first cruise in 1986 and have been hooked ever since. I did other cruises on HAL and RCCL right around the same timeframe. Back then, I too considered Carnival the WalMart of cruise lines. A few years later I went back to Carnival and was impressed and amazed at how much they had improved. I've been on the older Ecstasy and last year the Freedom, and I am here to tell you that Carnival will meet or exceed your expectations. I think that it is unfortunate that Carnival gets a bum rap based on the bashers, some of whom may not have tried Carnival lately. I'm very excited about my upcoming cruise and can hardly wait to see the Pride.

Thanks for the replies. We are looking forward to another cruise, and hope that Carnival will be as good as all the others we have taken. We aren't hard to please, so I'm sure we'll have a great time! How can you beat a week of cruising?

Kerry

Kerry, my son's name is Joe and his new wife's name is Kerry! We have been on 16 CCL cruises. Loved every single one of them and we are booked on 4 more! :) HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!! ;) Bon Voyage!~ Joe's mom, Kerry's mom in law!

Thanks for the replies. We are looking forward to another cruise, and hope that Carnival will be as good as all the others we have taken. We aren't hard to please, so I'm sure we'll have a great time! How can you beat a week of cruising?

Kerry

Hi there, Kerry & Joe. Seems that you have a good attitude! Hopefully will not point out minor differences that could spoil your cruise by comparing the Pride or Carnival in general to other ships/lines. I'm sure you'll find more similarities than differences, and I hope you will be happily surprised!

How can you beat a week of cruising? You can't!:D Stick around this forum, and you'll see a lotta happy cruisers. If we can answer any questions for you, ask away.

Joe & Kerry.............

A cruise is a cruise...........we've never had a bad one! You will find each line has their own way of doing things. Carnival, IMHO, is a little more lively than other lines..........You'll never know what a Carnival cruise is like until you try one. We've done three, and are looking at a fourth for early next year, possibly the Legend. Go and have fun...........after all, they are the 'Fun Ships'..............

We have been on Carnival, RCCL, HAL, & Princess. Have never met a cruise we did not enjoy. Are they all perfect? No, none of them are perfect. There are things about every cruise line that could probably be done better. The most important thing in our opinion is the attitude of the cruiser. Some will let a little thing or two destroy their vacation. We have a set in stone mentality that nothing will keep us from enjoying our cruise vacation, and you know what, we always have a great time.:p Case in point is a recent HAL cruise where we had what I would consider a major, major foul up. :mad: Was I upset? Yes I was upset. Even with a major foul up and a couple of other minor things, we really had a wonderful cruise vacation. Will be on our 3rd Carnival cruise in August. Looking forward to the cruise and you guessed it, we expect to have a great vacation.CHECK YOUR NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AT THE GANGWAY AND HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!:cool:

I think Joe will be pleasantly surprised at how amazing a CCL cruise is after listening to all the hogwash from other people who probably never set foot on a CCL ship.

I can't wait to hear how he liked it, so please get back to us after he's done his cruise and let us know what he thought about it. :)

Kerry

Good for you guys! The only way you will know for sure if you like it is to try it for yourself. You will find that there is a difference with each line. But all in good ways!!! Have a great cruise!!!!

I can tell you that I understand your friends concern. On my very first cruise (NCL Pride of Aloha) in Hawaii, I was so close to cancelling the cruise because of what I read here on this website. My TA talked me out of cancelling by saying something like this:

"There are people out there who will complain about anything and everything. Online forums give them a voice. Sadly, when we read the comments, we tend to assume they are similar to ourselves, and think we will have the same opinions. Forget them.. you will LOVE cruising"

She could not have been more correct! You said you are "not hard to please". I am the same way, so just tell them it's a CRUISE. They will LOVE it.

Now first I have to say that overall I am not a Carnival fan, but we loved the Pride. We have been on 3 Carnival ships. We liked (Pride) the others we would not go back to. We went on the second or third run (week) on what was a new beautiful ship. The Pride was in the Caribbean then. After being on the Fascination we were skeptical but everything on the Pride was great. We ended up getting an extended balcony cabin and really liked it. Went on the Victory the following year and it was just okay. Have passed on Carnival since but I would recommend the Pride . Ships today are more alike than different or we have just cruised enough that we have a good time no matter what line we go on. They all have + and - you just have to find out what works best for you. He will have a blast.

Hi Jenbo57,

Your brother & his wife will hate going on this cruise! So much so, that they should sell their tickets to me! My wife & I are "willing" to take their place on this cruise!

We will suffer being at sea and watching sunsets with a drink in our hands!

We will suffer through good food & company!

We will suffer touring the different ports!

We will suffer shows aboard the ship!

We will suffer by the pool!

PLEASE tell them that they need to sell me their tickets!

We will sacrifice for them!!!:D

If this doesn't work, then please tell them they will have the time of their lives and just enjoy themselves!

Have a wonderful cruise. We love Carnival!

Lee

Hi Jenbo57,

Your brother & his wife will hate going on this cruise! So much so, that they should sell their tickets to me! My wife & I are "willing" to take their place on this cruise!

We will suffer being at sea and watching sunsets with a drink in our hands!

We will suffer through good food & company!

We will suffer touring the different ports!

We will suffer shows aboard the ship!

We will suffer by the pool!

PLEASE tell them that they need to sell me their tickets!

We will sacrifice for them!!!:D

If this doesn't work, then please tell them they will have the time of their lives and just enjoy themselves!

Have a wonderful cruise. We love Carnival!

Lee

Hey Lee, let's not get greedy -- you already have four cruises booked, and I only have two! If they were to sell/give their cruise to someone, it should be me...their loving sister/sister-in-law! :D

I know they're going to have a blast! And as they (Joe1961) posted...how can you beat a week of cruising?

Jen

Archived