Sovereign JS for 4 people?

Hey all-

Just off the phone with Royal about this. He said yes on this ship a JS can hold 4, but will only show up on computer if available. Over the last several months looked at many different dates trying to work in a quick cruise and I've never seen any JS for 4 available. It's not even an option.

Have any of y'all ever booked a JS for 4 on the Sovereign? It's such a quick cruise I don't want to go up to a GS, but a balcony is a must for dh.

Thanks,

Laura

I've been on SOTS and the JR suite is much smaller than a regular JR Suite, and the fold out couch is more like a love seat and if the two beds are seperated (thats how ours were) its right against the bed! For our upcoming trip there are 6 of us, Me, husband, 2 sons 10 & 11, my daughter 13 and my friend - who hasn't cruised yet. I started with 2 JR Suites, 3 in each, but I remembered that I kept my suitcase on that couch and how small the area was. so I changed to a GS for Husband, me, and 2 sons (one son is listed as 3rd in the JR Suite because the GS will only let you book 3 as well) and the other is for my daughter and my friend. This trip was hard to book for us, way back when I booked it, I wanted all 5 of us in a room - they only offered me the RS, which we booked but I didn't like any of the photos that were on line, It looked like an unfurnished apartment and I wasn't sure if the Master had a window. I called several times about changing the accomodations, Even an owners suite with a smaller inside cabin that no one would stay in, atleast 3 different booking agents said I couldn't do that without running the risk of the steward asking us to stay in our own room! then my friend decided to come and we booked the 2 JR Suites and finally decided on the GS & Jr Suite.

Try to book this trip for sure with a 24 hold with 4 in a JR Suite before you plan your trip counting on doing so. Friendly advice from someone who was stressed about it for 4 months.

I am sorry I don't know the answer to your question, I am also wondering how big the JS is ? The web site states it's 174 sq ft. - which is not very big, but compared with the standard OV of 122 sq ft, I guess it would seem large! I am debating whether to upgrade to a JS from deck 8 obstructed OV???? It would be $600.00 more for a JS

Any suggestions?

I am sorry I don't know the answer to your question, I am also wondering how big the JS is ? The web site states it's 174 sq ft. - which is not very big, but compared with the standard OV of 122 sq ft, I guess it would seem large! I am debating whether to upgrade to a JS from deck 8 obstructed OV???? It would be $600.00 more for a JS

Any suggestions?

I think it really gets down to how bad do you want your own Balcony ? I went through this with an older Carnival ship months ago and I chose to pay and get the Balcony suite. To each his own as to if it was worth it , But I and my friends sure spent alot of time on that Balcony so for me I would pay it again in a heartbeat !! That little bit of privacy away from everyone except the Ocean is priceless !! In fact I have a Corner Aft suite booked on the Enchantment for August with one of those HUGE Balconys this time.:D Enjoy and choose wisely. ;)

DH and I have sailed Sovereign in JS. Originally booked SOV, but upgraded. DH really wanted a balcony and was afraid his claustrophobic wife would freak in a small cabin. I was not convinced until my contractor husband (with the tape measure on his hip :) ) measured out the same size area on the floor and showed me how small our room would be if we didn't change. Glad I gave in. Our bathroom was small, can't imagine having anything smaller.

Only you will know if the upgrade is worth the $600. But, you will get 2 cruise credits with JS and up instead of 1. AND you will only have to go up one floor to pool and Windjammer.

Typing this up, I am deciding I have to bite the bullet and go up to GS for us 4 or go down (dh will die w/o a balcony) to OV and get 2 rooms.

Thanks Five-Rileys.

Laura

No way can four share a JS on Sovereign.

We we". three. I was the one who slept in the *sofabed*.

I can tell you that it was not even as large as a double bed.

Here's how I know:

I asked our cabin steward for an egg crate mattress toppers. She brought a twin. It didn't quite cover it. She brought a double. It hung over the sides.

My DW and myself have had JS's a couple of times on the Sovereign and as others have stated, they are fairly small for a JS although work fine for two people. On our last cruise on Sovereign, we took our 8 year old grandson. The JS was ok for the three of us but I personally would not want to try using it for four. JMHO:)

No way can four share a JS on Sovereign.

Just to echo this... there is no way 4 people would fit in a JS on SoS. You will be find with the Owners Suite with 4 people, as it has a full size couch that pulls out in a double bed.

If you want some pictures of the OS (I was just on in May), let me know and I'll send you a link.

-jtslater

Archived