Pearl to Alaska 1-8 June

retiredAF

What is "Bliss"?

Thanks

Bliss is a club/lounge on the Pearl; so gaudy it's actually fun!:)

We have pictures, but unfortunately I don't know how to post them.

That is where the bowling alley is as well. We got to bowl for free for being CC Meet & Greet participants.

We stayed in Seattle one night post cruise and missed some of the bad weather. We got 7 inches of rain Monday here at home but most of it fell before we got home.

We got a lot of good pictures but haven't had time to go thru them well yet. We hope to get some time this weekend. Both of our desks were piled up with work when we returned.

We both figured Alaska would be a once in a life time vacation but are already talking about going back. We go to the Riviera Maya every October so we will have to start planning that vacation soon.

We didin't get to socialize a lot, we have been real busy lately and just spent a lot of time hanging out together. My wife had her 50th birthday in April and the trip was her birthday present. She said it was her best present ever.

Too funny, this cruise was my 50th birthday in May and I said the same thing about it being my best present ever! We also said the same thing about the once in a life time expereince.. we will go back for sure!

Thank you.

How did you enjoy the cruise director and staff?

I thought Paul was very enegetic but fun on our encounters with him. I was told that he is actually the assistant CD and Simon is back this week or next.

Bliss is a club/lounge on the Pearl; so gaudy it's actually fun!:)

We have pictures, but unfortunately I don't know how to post them.

That is where the bowling alley is as well. We got to bowl for free for being CC Meet & Greet participants.

Yes gaudy is a good word.. :) I didn't much get the decor in the Spinaker (I think that was the lounge) with those wierd seats and couches either. We did enjoy our game of bowling though!

I thought Paul was very enegetic but fun on our encounters with him. I was told that he is actually the assistant CD and Simon is back this week or next.

Simon Murray (Cruise Director) was on our cruise and got off in Seattle the same day we did (June 1st). He was headed off to England to visit his girlfriend, then home to Australia to spend some time. I believe he said he was going to be gone for about 6 weeks and that his assistant was taking over for him during that time.

Thanks so much for the review! I am sorry to hear about the bad experience with Shuttle Express. We have booked them for pick up at Pier 66 to our same day flight out... it is a tight squeeze and this worries me a bit.

Hopefully they will be waiting when we get off the ship. They are supposed to be stationed right there..

It was pricy too, I booked for 6 of us and it was very close to what seperate cabs would run. They have already "clanked" my credit card!!!

Thanks so much for the review! I am sorry to hear about the bad experience with Shuttle Express. We have booked them for pick up at Pier 66 to our same day flight out... it is a tight squeeze and this worries me a bit.

Hopefully they will be waiting when we get off the ship. They are supposed to be stationed right there..

It was pricy too, I booked for 6 of us and it was very close to what seperate cabs would run. They have already "clanked" my credit card!!!

I am not sure when you are cruising but I would consider canceling and getting a refund (reminds me I have to check my crdit card bill because they had charged us before the trip as well). I am not trying to make you nervous but when I asked them at the airport site if it was different at the cruise line (would they be there at the agreed upon time) they said it was the same set up.. first come, first served when they match the destinations. That was the final straw for me. We went down to the ship when it arrived Sunday morning and the line of waiting cabs made me much more comfortable.. We walked straight to that line and got right in to a cab.

Thank you for the great reviews. Did anyone get sick with the stomach virus during your cruise ? We are leaving in three weeks and I'm a little concern.

I saw no sign of noro virus at all. Even as late as Sat, passengers could still serve themselves in the buffett area so I believe that means there was no out break.

Got my credit card bill in today and we were credited for the unused return trip.

Simon Murray (Cruise Director) was on our cruise and got off in Seattle the same day we did (June 1st). He was headed off to England to visit his girlfriend, then home to Australia to spend some time. I believe he said he was going to be gone for about 6 weeks and that his assistant was taking over for him during that time.

I probably misunderstood when I thought they said he would be back next week. We did enjoy Paul though. he had a lot of energy like I said and was out and about all over the ship. He was very personable.

Archived