Looking for suggestions for lunch in Freeport

lakim

I will be in Freeport in August with 15 members of my family, ages 8 to 78. I am looking for some suggestions for good places to eat lunch in the Port Lucaya Marketplace area.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

I will be in Freeport in August with 15 members of my family, ages 8 to 78. I am looking for some suggestions for good places to eat lunch in the Port Lucaya Marketplace area.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

How much money are we talking about here?

There is a subway that is cheap for the islands.

Here is a list of eateries:

http://www.geographia.com/grandbahama/restaurants.html

On the beach at the end of the Westin/Sheraton complex is a "shack" that serves some great local food - fried lobster comes to mind. It's outdoors and kinda strange... but a good time and food.

Bishop's is out of town towards the East end and with the amount of people you could get two vans and pay around $20pp to go to a wonderful beach and best conch fritters you have ever had.

Our Lucaya Marketplace has many places... just remember that other than a Subway or similar place the food prices will shock! Last year at the Prop Club inside The Westin complex a hamburger was around $14 with fixings.

To clarify, I'm guessing the group will:

1. Want to try local cuisine
  2. Not want to try local cuisine
  3. Want to spend very little
  4. Want to spend whatever it takes
  5. Want to remain at Port Lucaya all day
  6. Want to get out and see the island

Oh, and want to remain together as a group while we do the above!:rolleyes:

In other words, there's no way I can ever get this group to agree on anything so I guess I'm just hoping to be armed with some good ideas to choose from that day.

Thanks for the list and your ideas. That's a great start.

Anyone else tried anything good?

In other words, there's no way I can ever get this group to agree on anything so I guess I'm just hoping to be armed with some good ideas to choose from that day.

Our Lucaya Marketplace has 20-30 places to eat - give them all a walkie-talkie and send them on their way! lol Have a great time - Pisces has decent pizza... near Count Basie square (in the middle) are several bars that are "cheap" and several "fancy" eateries... Go inside unless you really like heat.

Quite a few of the restaurants ring Count Basie Square. If it's a nice day, you can drag some tables and chairs together, order Pain Killers, Gullywashes, Bahama Mamas etc., from any of the bars and drink them in the Square. You can then get takeout from many of the restaurants and maybe then everyone will be happy with their food choices! BTW, Count Basie Square is in Port Lucaya, across from the Sheraton/Westin complex (beach).

Good luck!

Archived