I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

def. Frederiksborg castle because they have more things on display in the different rooms.

Btw. I'm not going on a cruise but camping at the shores of Lake Balaton in Hungary. But i i have a small cruise lasting almost 2 hours between Gedser in Denmark and Rostock in Germany so if anyone is sailing on the Prinsendam, Empress and Azamara Journey at the moment you can say hi to me tomorrow in warnemünde when my ferry pass by around 6:30 pm.

Meanwhile i will be able to answar some of your questions, even though i live in another part of Denmark.

Btw. just returned from the Costa Luminosa (Baltic cruise) yesterday, so i will also be able to answar questions about that in the "Costa" forum.

Meanwhile i will be able to answar some of your questions, even though i live in another part of Denmark.

Btw. just returned from the Costa Luminosa (Baltic cruise) yesterday, so i will also be able to answar questions about that in the "Costa" forum.

Do you know any good places to have lunch in Aarhus?

I haven't eat on a restaurant in Aarhus jet, but i think you would find some nice places along the stream.

Thank you. One more question. Is it worth it to get the Copenhagen Card if I do train from the airport to Central Station, Tivoli, the Canal boat ride, The Round Tower, The Resistance Musuem and a copule of bus # 26 rides?

Thank you. One more question. Is it worth it to get the Copenhagen Card if I do train from the airport to Central Station, Tivoli, the Canal boat ride, The Round Tower, The Resistance Musuem and a copule of bus # 26 rides?

-Train from airport to Central Station: 36 DKK

-Entrance to Tivoli: 95 DKK

-DFDS Canal Tours: 70 DKK

-The Round Tower (Rundetårn): 25 DKK

-The Resistance Museum: Free (closed on mondays)

-1h bus/train ride in the city: 24,-

-Copenhagen Card (which give free admission to all of the above) 24h: 229 DKK

So it's cheaper and much easier with the Copenhagen Card, which can be bought online or at the ticket office at the airport. (They accept cards with PIN-code and Euro/Dollars. But the exchange rate is poor.

-Train from airport to Central Station: 36 DKK

-Entrance to Tivoli: 95 DKK

-DFDS Canal Tours: 70 DKK

-The Round Tower (Rundetårn): 25 DKK

-The Resistance Museum: Free (closed on mondays)

-1h bus/train ride in the city: 24,-

-Copenhagen Card (which give free admission to all of the above) 24h: 229 DKK

So it's cheaper and much easier with the Copenhagen Card, which can be bought online or at the ticket office at the airport. (They accept cards with PIN-code and Euro/Dollars. But the exchange rate is poor.

Thank you!!!

We will be arriving in Copenhagen this Sunday at approximately 7:30 AM. We will be staying at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel and were wondering is there a Catholic Church in the area and what is the mass schedule. I am assuming that we will not be leaving the airport until around 10 AM. Any help that can be given would be great.

LadyoftheCanyon.

We will be arriving in Copenhagen this Sunday at approximately 7:30 AM. We will be staying at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel and were wondering is there a Catholic Church in the area and what is the mass schedule. I am assuming that we will not be leaving the airport until around 10 AM. Any help that can be given would be great.

LadyoftheCanyon.

Not sure about the catholic church, but I would email the concierge at the hotel, they are really nice and can probably help you. We just stayed there 2 weeks ago, and they were great for info.:)

LadyoftheCanyon.

The main catholic church in Copenhagen is St Ansgars. The church is not very close to your hotel but they do have a Sunday morning mass. Some sections of their website are in English, including the service schedule. http://sanktansgar.dk/index.php?id=7&L=1

Hope this helps.

hpoe you had a wonderful trip. i have read approx 1/2 of this post, i have learned SOOOO much!! thank you.

we are 4 seniors , plan to rent an apartment 9/17-9/2011 will be then going on a cruise.

i have narrowed down the search.

#1 apartment is in orestad, approx 6k from airport

#2 apartment is in norrrebro approx 20k from airport

i think we will have to take a taxie from the airport b/c of the 4 lg suitcase & a mobility scooter + a wheelchair.

do you have an opinion on which would be the better location? both say city central approx 7-10 min by public trasportation

are taxies cheaper from airport , since we will also need a taxie to the cruise ship ?

i look up private transfer from airport on the denmark travel site you mentioned, it quoted 350us one way to city central! is this what we should expect to pay taxies from the airport to the apt then to the cruise ship? is it easy to get a cabs from the local neighborhoods to get to the cruise ship?

thanks for you help

i sorry i just found my answer on pg 140 somthing lol,

i seems the price of 350 us for private transfer is a bit high, after calculating the cost of a cab using the prices you listed.

still intereasted in your opinion on the areas the apartments are in

i assume the buses are wheelchair friendly, are there elevators to the train platforms @ all staions? are the streets wheelchair friendly? ie curb cuts? really a non issue since i've pushed my dh in greece!! lol

thanks again

karen

All busses have wheelchair acces and all train pælatforms have elevators.

Nørrebro is sometimes called Nørrebronx so you can guess that it sometimes can be rough but you have to be unlucky to experience any crime.

But it is at the same time a very international (read middle eastern) part of the city

Ørestad is a new part of the city and there is almost no crime in that area.

Maybe 350 DKK for a trip to the airport is not entirely right, last time i took a taxi home from Copenhagen was with the expensive nigh fares and it ended up with 798 DKK for a 40 km trip.

The longest distance from the freeport terminal to the airport is around 18 km using the freeway and by the normal streets (Amagerbrogade or Englandsvej) its only 12 -14 km and shorter if the distance is from Langelinie Pier or downtown instead of the freeport.

SAS use to have promotions where you get one Copenhagen Card when you shsow them copy of your boardingcard from the US. It also has free bus and train rides for 24 or 48 hrs.

I do not know if they currently have such aa promotion at this time.

Dear Viking

We are renting a car in Copenhagen & driving to Stege, Isle Moen & then driving from there to Tonder, in So. Jutland; then from Tonder back to Copenhagen.

I have 2 questions: Do we need a International Driving Permit?

What are the quickest routes between these places? I know some routes involve use of the ferry system but I wonder if those are the quickest.

Thank you in advance for your help with this & thank you so much for all of the valuable help you have already provided!

Hola,I must say your thread is a wonderful source of info and thank you in advance for your time.....we are arriving on 8/24/11 on the Celebrity Eclipse and will be there until midnight..do you know if the ship is docked within walking distance of bars,restautants etc....we would like to take advantage of the late departure and get off the ship...Gracias,Fredo

Archived