I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I am looking at two hotels the Hoel Bethel and the Grand Hotel. I am familiar with where the Hotel Bethel is, as I have taken the Netto boat tour on a past trip,and have been told that the Grand Hotel is across from Trivoli but I can't find the two hotels on a map to show the distance between or directions between the two. Would like to see the two hotels on a map, can anyone provide that information for me? I will arrive in the afternoon and leave the next day for a cruise. I thought about walking through Trivoli at night and taking my grandaughter to Rosenborg Castle and possibly the Netto boat tour the next day before boarding the ship. I have done both the boat tour and the castle in the past but this will be her first time in Copenhagen.

Sorry if this is a duplicate question but.....

We are staying at the Clarion Neptune hotel-

How do we get there from the airport?

How do we go to the port for our cruise?

How far is it to Tivoli for the hotel?

Is the hop-on/off bus the best option for seeing all the sights?

Thank you very much for your reply.

It sure is a dublicate question but i don´t mind :)

1) Metro line M2 from the airport to Kongens Nytorv and then a short walk.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Kongens+Nytorv+st+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Sankt+Ann%C3%A6+Plads+18,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.68048,12.58858&sspn=0.004192,0.009602&geocode=FdGYUQMdDAnAACnfKm6VF1NSRjHDY3soZvWnZw%3BFfugUQMd6SLAACkH1IvnIlNSRjEHW6jIuHVXeQ&oq=sankt+ann%C3%A6+plads+18&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=17

2) I would need a date and location of the terminal to help you with that question.

3) aprox 2000 meters

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Sankt+Ann%C3%A6+Plads+18,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Tivoli,+Vesterbrogade,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.68048,12.58858&sspn=0.004192,0.009602&geocode=FfugUQMd6SLAACkH1IvnIlNSRjEHW6jIuHVXeQ%3BFZqHUQMd87u_ACH3i9HHXqeI3SkZYwGlDVNSRjHWlnUidM1_Qg&oq=tivoli&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=15

4) To reach all sights it will be best to use the tourist bus but they are more expensive but if you don´t mind using public transportation that would be cheaper.

Strømma´s Ho/Ho busses cost 185 DKK for 24 hours but public transportation with the City Pass will only cost you 75 DKK for 24 hours and includes the trip from the airport.

Bus 11A is a small electrical bus and covers the inner core of the city that the regular busses are to big enter.

Do you know the number of the bus that would take me from the Grand Hotel Copenhagen to Rosenborg Castel and back.

And also the number of the bus that would take us from the Bethel Hotel and back from Rosenborg Castel

Thank you for all the valuable information that your provide.

I am trying to decide which way is the best course to take on the day we disembark the ship (Tuesday Norwegian Sun 5/22). Our flight is not until 6:00pm so luggage is an issue.

Between Central Station or at the Airport, which one is better while we have about 6 hours to explore and shop for last minute souvenirs in Copenhagen.

From the port what to take, bus 26, metro or train and what is the cost.

Also do any of you know how much is the maximum DKK you can withdraw from an ATM machine?

Suggestions or ideas are welcome and thank you for all your help.

Is there a place to check luggage after we disembark the ship? Maybe at the train station?

We disembark at 8:00 and our flight is not until 17:30 (5:30 PM).

Hi Jimbo,

Yes, there is luggage storage at central station (both manned and self-serve lockers). We took the train to Central Station (København H) which is directly across from Tivoli. We stored our luggage at the train station (guarded storage rooom ... easy to find...from track 11/12, follow the signs down the stairs and turn left ... or use the elevator on your left).

jill

It sure is a dublicate question but i don´t mind :)

1) Metro line M2 from the airport to Kongens Nytorv and then a short walk.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Kongens+Nytorv+st+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Sankt+Ann%C3%A6+Plads+18,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.68048,12.58858&sspn=0.004192,0.009602&geocode=FdGYUQMdDAnAACnfKm6VF1NSRjHDY3soZvWnZw%3BFfugUQMd6SLAACkH1IvnIlNSRjEHW6jIuHVXeQ&oq=sankt+ann%C3%A6+plads+18&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=17

2) I would need a date and location of the terminal to help you with that question.

3) aprox 2000 meters

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Sankt+Ann%C3%A6+Plads+18,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Tivoli,+Vesterbrogade,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.68048,12.58858&sspn=0.004192,0.009602&geocode=FfugUQMd6SLAACkH1IvnIlNSRjEHW6jIuHVXeQ%3BFZqHUQMd87u_ACH3i9HHXqeI3SkZYwGlDVNSRjHWlnUidM1_Qg&oq=tivoli&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=15

4) To reach all sights it will be best to use the tourist bus but they are more expensive but if you don´t mind using public transportation that would be cheaper.

Strømma´s Ho/Ho busses cost 185 DKK for 24 hours but public transportation with the City Pass will only cost you 75 DKK for 24 hours and includes the trip from the airport.

Bus 11A is a small electrical bus and covers the inner core of the city that the regular busses are to big enter.

Please forgive me if you have answered this before. We will be landing at the airport on August 31,2012.

I just can't see myself with a large suitcase and a carry on getting on a bus. There will be three of us seniors and would like to know the cost (approximate of course) for a taxi to the Clarion Neptune and to the port. I have no idea where it will be docked.

Since I have read that the National Museum is free and the Tivoli is not included on the pass perhaps that would be a good thing to do on our half day if we are not too jet lagged Then the next day we can use our 24 hr. pass and then the following day we will have another half day before we board our ship. Will this be a good strategy.

Thanks so much for all your good info.

@ terpla

You don´t need to take the bus to Hotel Neptun, Metro line M2 will take you almost to the hotel at Kongens Nytorv Metro station.

But the taxi will cost you around 20-250 DKK deoending on route and traffic.

@ feb08paris

The luggage storage at the central station (København H) is the best to touring in the city.

The metro does not reach the cruise terminal before 2019 :D and bus 26 does not go to the freeport on sundays so the best option is to walk to Nordhavn and take a southbound S-train to the central station.

From Nordea you can withdraw 10.000 DKK but if its also for non costumers i don´t know.

@ terpla

You don´t need to take the bus to Hotel Neptun, Metro line M2 will take you almost to the hotel at Kongens Nytorv Metro station.

Thanks so much for your info. Have you thought of writing a tourist Guide book. You are so knowledgeable.

Can a taxi take 3 people with luggage. If the charge is araound 250dkk at the exchage rate today that would only be $44 and split 3 ways would be well worth it.

Would you be kind enough to comment on my second question

Since I have read that the National Museum is free and the Tivoli is not included on the pass perhaps that would be a good thing to do on our half day if we are not too jet lagged Then the next day we can use our 24 hr. pass and then the following day we will have another half day before we board our ship. Will this be a good strategy.

Thanks again for all your valuable info.l

@ terpla

@ feb08paris

The luggage storage at the central station (København H) is the best to touring in the city.

The metro does not reach the cruise terminal before 2019 :D and bus 26 does not go to the freeport on sundays so the best option is to walk to Nordhavn and take a southbound S-train to the central station.

From Nordea you can withdraw 10.000 DKK but if its also for non costumers i don´t know.

Appreciate your info.

I am sure this has been asked before but you have just peaked my interested in it. We will only be in Copenhagen from the afternoon we arrive on 6/23 till we board the ship on 6/24. The things I am thinking of doing is Tivoli the evening of 6/23 and possibly the Netto-Badene boat ride. Will it be safe and convient to use the public bus in the evening for two femals to return to the hotel? Than Rosenborgh Castle on 6/24 before we board the ship. So will it be worth it for us to buy the Card and where can the be purchased once in Copenhagen, at our Hotel Bethel? My understand is that the 24 HR starts from the time you use it the first time so the 24 HR would work for us. And the public buses would be free with it along with Tivoli and Rosenborgh, is the Netto-Baden boat also free? On Viator it shows it would cost us $82.22 US.

I am writing on my phone so I can't provide a link but visitcopenhagen.com should give you the info you need but else I will try to be online tomorrow so I can look it up.

Regarding the safety issue, Copenhagen is pretty safe and if you stay out of trouble nothing will happen, the biggest issue is pickpockets but that is generally a concern in every major city in the world so nothing special on that matter.

@ terpla

Your plan looks good but if you buy the Copenhagen Card instead of the City Pass then Tivoli is covered and the entrance to other museums and tourist sites as well.

Thanks again, I hadn't realized the difference in the cards. Good to know.

Please could you tell me if there is a Health food store or supermarket that sells low sodium products near central station. I would like to pick up a few items (cookies, crackers etc.) to suppliment my diet during the cruise. Thanks. Sue

Please could you tell me if there is a Health food store or supermarket that sells low sodium products near central station. I would like to pick up a few items (cookies, crackers etc.) to suppliment my diet during the cruise. Thanks. Sue

We stayed at the Imperial Hotel. Rema 1000 and Netto were in the area, and there are 7-11's everywhere. The groceries near the central station do not stock the variety and quantity of US supermarkets. I did not find anything specifically labeled low-sodium though. We bought some fruit. bottled water and some fruit-filled cookies there, but that is about all. I left the US with unsalted nuts and granola bars stuck EVERYWHERE ... which got me through our trip.

Beef and fish are prevalent in Copenhagen, but I've developed a fish allergy, so I made due with beef for our pre- and post-cruise stays.

I found a larger Netto at the Oesterport station. I dashed in to replenish some toiletries before we boarded the ship, but I didn't have much time to wander around.

Do pharmacies sells such product, if yes there is a large pharmacy located on Vesterbrogade just across the central station.

Also on Vesterbrogade but a little bit further out there is a supermarked called Føtex that should have those items.

Rema 1000, Netto, Aldi, Fakta, Lidl and similar chains are socalled discount markets so they have a limited amount of "special" items.

The supermarkets to look out for is Føtex, Kvickly, Bilka, Superbrugsen, Superbest and Irma.

Joy2Day, we will be staying at the Imperial August 5-9. How long a walk is it to and from Central Station, and are there many flights of stairs that would make it difficult to manage a carryon on and a medium size bag? There will be the two of us so wonder if a taxi would work better.

Danish Viking, good to see you around again, your information has been invaluable.

Thank you all . . .

Archived