I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ floatinrocks

Palace and The Square are located at the town hall square right in the middle of Copenhagen.

Adina is as i posted before located close to the DFDS ferry terminal and Langelinie cruise pier so you are depending on good legs or public transportation to get there from downtown Copenhagen.

@ amgrumpy

Now you gave me something to work with :-)

I will make up a schedule later in the week because we do have some long days at work preparing our summer furnitures and that has to be finished on friday so i will answer you this weekend.

I could use your help in deciding if we can reasonably make a12:20 pm flight out of Copenhagen to the US upon the early am return of our RCI Vision of the Seas cruise in August. I don't know how far from the Port the Airport is or how long procedures at the airport would take. The other alternatives are more expensive and leave at 2 and 3 pm- I would hate to have to pay more and wait longer , but I do not want to miss the flight as I realize each airline ( SAS and Delta are two I have found) has very limited flights daily to the US should one leave without us..

Good morning!,

Our family will be arriving in Copenhagen on Celebrity Constellation this August.

We are 5 adults and would like to arrange a private tour.

Would you be able to recommend some tour companies that we may contact to arrange?

Many thanks,

Rita

I could use your help in deciding if we can reasonably make a12:20 pm flight out of Copenhagen to the US upon the early am return of our RCI Vision of the Seas cruise in August. I don't know how far from the Port the Airport is or how long procedures at the airport would take. The other alternatives are more expensive and leave at 2 and 3 pm- I would hate to have to pay more and wait longer , but I do not want to miss the flight as I realize each airline ( SAS and Delta are two I have found) has very limited flights daily to the US should one leave without us..

I have the same question. I'm on Princess Star and we dock at 5:00 a.m. but not sure what time we'll be able to disembark. I'd like to think it would be no later than 7:00. Any chance I can make an intra-european flight at 10:55? Are taxis readily available now?

@ reynoldswrap

That is correct there used to be a small tourist office at the pier but now there is something instead called Town Shop that sells souveniers

So to clarify, the nearest point from both Freeport, Nordre Toldbod and Langelinie that you can buy the CPH Card is at Østerport Station.

@ Harry Cane and lulutoo

Both of you can make it without problems because a taxi trip takes around 30 minutes but give yourself around 1 hour so you are on the safe side.

If you want to prebook a taxi i would suggest dantaxi.dk

@ wongri

Try guides.dk

@ amgrumpy

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek and the national museum are the obvious choices for a visit to "some danish museum".

Bus 2A will get you to danish design center from both the national museum and the glyptotek if you want to do them on the same day.

The bus stop is located at knippelsbro at the end of Strandgade were DDC is located (at number 27B)

You can do the Ho/Ho bus tour at the same day as the zoo, if you go to the zoo i will suggest you to check out the new elephant house by Norman Foster.

For some danish food i will suggest.

Ida Davisen

http://www.idadavidsen.dk/index.php?page=8

Restaurant Koefoed

http://www.restaurant-koefoed.dk/

Restaurant Kanalen

http://www.restaurant-kanalen.dk/

I have a question about the coins...When we were in Copenhagen about three years ago, the coins (Kr) had holes in them. Recently, a friend who had travelled to Denmark gave my son some coins. It appeared that the older 1 kr were larger and without holes. Are the older coins still accepted. I know that the 25 ore and less are not...Thank you in advance...

To Gary 72: All bills issued since 1945 and coins issued since 1875 are valid tender. exceptions are coins of value 25 øre or less. The old 1 kr. coins without hole are thus also valid. You might get a puzzled look from shop attendants, though, since the larger 1 kr. coins without hole were withdrawn from circulation in 1989 and and never seen in circulation anymore. But if it fails in a shop, you could always get them exchanged in a bank.

@ dallascruiser

The nearest place to buy the CPH Card when coming from the cruiseports are Østerport station but its easier to buy them online.

@ JERMEY

The CPH Card will give you transportation to Helsingør but not acces or reduced entrance to Kronborg Castle but here is a price list for what's included in the tickets.

Ticket Prices Admission to Adults Children 15 - 18 years Children 6 - 14 years

Ticket*1 Royal Apartments - Ballroom - Casemates - Castle Chapel - Danish Maritime Museum - The Telegraph Tower (only during the summer) 90 DKK 65 DKK 25 DKK

Ticket*2 Royal Apartments - Ballroom - Casemates - Castle Chapel 65 DKK 65 DKK 25 DKK

Ticket*3 Casemates - Castle Chapel 30 DKK 30 DKK 20 DKK

Ticket*4 Danish Maritime Museum - The Telegraph Tower (only during the summer) 50 DKK Free Free

http://www.kronborgslot.dk

From the airport you just take the Airport/Øresund train (not the Metro) to the central station (København H) and simply just going left around Tivoli until you reach the town hall square and you will find The Square on your left hand.

@ Gary72

http://www.kgl-moent.dk/dkm/uk/specialdocuments.nsf and http://www.nationalbanken.dk/dnuk/specialdocuments.nsf will tell you all about the danish coins.

To Jermey: Only the Maritime museum loceted inside the castle is free with the card. To visit other parts of the castle, you have to pay. To get from the airport to the Square hotel, take the train (Not the Metro) to Central Station and walk to Rådhuspladsen (Town hall square) from there. The train is free with the card. The trains to Copenhagen depart from track 2 underneath the arrivals hall (Terminal 3).

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

Have been there twice, once many years before you were born, and with my DW about 15 years ago. I agree with you except......EASY city to explore. DW and I left our hotel for a walk we walked to a corner, turned right, walked to the next, turned right and repeated 2 more times, at which point rather being back at our hotel we were LOST! After wandering in the general direction of the hotel, we stopped at a neat little shop and had a beer while enjoying the faint waft of MJ smoke. I agree, at no time did we feel uncomfortable.

I had heard that for 50 years, English was a required language in school. Coming off a tour, we didn't have time to cross town to our hotel, dress for dinner and get to the restaurant for our reservation, with no tables available the rest of the night, so we walked. I tried to check with several people where a certain street was and nobody spoke Eng., but all were concerned and tried to help. NOTE: Carry a map. A pad of paper and pen would have been useful, too. Only having gone a few steps out of the way, I asked a group of businessmen who all seemed to understand Eng. and the Five Flys was pointed out to us, just down the street with very little in signage.

The four of us who toured before I was married ate at a few memorable places, and I remembered The Five Flys for over 50 years before having the chance to return. Our waiter said "I may have been your server, Ive been here 42 years, and I replied I was here over 50 years ago and my server then had been here a long time.". Quite pricey now (about $50 for the special), but we recommended it to some friends who would be there a couple of days and they agreed; OUTSTANDING.

Hi Danish Viking,

I would like to visit Vor Frelsors Kirke at the end of our day. Would I take bus 83N or 85N from Vor Freslers Kirke to Osterport St to bet back to Langelinie or is there another stop that would get me closer?

I am a little confused looking at the map and am worried about how long it will actually take to get back to the ship on time.

Tak,

Sheal

Years ago we drove all over Germany & Switzerland, staying in "zimmerfre" or "pensions" (not sure of spelling) that were basically bed & breakfast accommodations in people's private homes. We really enjoyed the opportunity to have one-on-one experiences with the people we met.

If I remember correctly, they were kinda licensed by the government, who posted the small identification signs. Everyone we stayed at during the month were immaculate and the people all friendly -- even the ones who didn't speak English were fun with hand signals! :D

Are there similar homes/rooms in Copenhagen? Suggestion for maybe a website to check it out? Some way to pre-reserve our room before we arrive on our flight?

I'm sorry if you already answered this but I couldn't find anything with searching this thread.

Thanks.

We're thinking of taking the HOHO bus. We're docking at Langeline pier. How far is Tivoli from there and are there other attractions along the way? If walking is an option, we would rather do that. We're walkers so distance isn't a problem. Thanks for any info.

Susan

Archived