I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ Sheal

The stop at Holmens kirke is located over 1 km away on the other side of the harbour so i would not use this stop.

Vor Frelser Kirke (Our Saviors Church) is located on Dronningens gade and the Christanshavn Metro station is located just at the end of the street 150 meters away.

From Christianshavn you can either take the metro one stop to Kongens Nytorv and catch bus number 26 directly to Langelinie.

The bus goes at XX:08, XX:28 and XX:48, the bus has 2 different destinations and the one going to freeport cruise terminal and not langelinie goes at XX:18, XX:38 and XX:58.

You can use the bus to freeport but you will have to walk 3-400 meters to Langelinie from the DFDS Ferry Terminal.

You can also take the Metro one stop further to Nørreport and then change to a S-train to Hillerød, Holte, Klampenborg or Farum or a Øresund train to Helsingør or Nivå or a DSB Eurocity, ICE, Intercity or Regional train to Østerport and one stop further you will be at Østerport.

@ candydane

Here is a list of Bed and breakfast´s in Copenhagen.

http://www.bedandbreakfastoverblik.dk/ferie/denmark/bedandbreakfast-koebenhavn/

@ cruisesusie

The trip can be done in 50 minutes and it is a little bit over 4 km´s long.

http://map.krak.dk/m/pCMam

Are you aware of any reputable tour that will pick a couple and their luggage up at the airport and do a few hour drive around Copenhagen before heading to the ship? My husband and I will arrive in Sept. for a cruise and will arrive at airport in early a.m. and ship needs to be boarded between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. or so. Or, if you board the ship and are on early, can you get off the ship and get a hop on hop off bus and travel around a few hours and return to ship? Thanks in advance!

We are looking at the excursion from Royal Caribbean to Tivoli Gardens and a canal boat trip (4 hours) for $86. per person. Can you recommend a local company that would do the same perhaps for less. I would think trying to do it ourselves would require taxis to get to each place and would be more. Any help would be appreciated and I apologize if this has been asked before through these many pages on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Kugel,

Yes, you can certainly do the Tivoli Garden/Canal trip for so much less than $86. If I understand correctly that tour does not provide any food, just the city tour, canal tour and admission. Tivoli costs about $18 (95DKK) to enter, the canal tour from Gammel Strand about $11 (60 DKK) and the HO/HO bus is approx. $22 (120 DKK). You can pick to HO/HO bus right up at Langelini Pier. Thanks to Heinbloed and Danish Viking for all the help they provide!

You can decide how much of the city you want to see and when you want to do the canal tour/Tivoli possibly even doing some shopping on on Stroget with the money you saved. :)

I'm looking forward to your review.

Sheal (Lori)

Kugel,

Yes, you can certainly do the Tivoli Garden/Canal trip for so much less than $86. If I understand correctly that tour does not provide any food, just the city tour, canal tour and admission. Tivoli costs about $18 (95DKK) to enter, the canal tour from Gammel Strand about $11 (60 DKK) and the HO/HO bus is approx. $22 (120 DKK). You can pick to HO/HO bus right up at Langelini Pier. Thanks to Heinbloed and Danish Viking for all the help they provide!

You can decide how much of the city you want to see and when you want to do the canal tour/Tivoli possibly even doing some shopping on on Stroget with the money you saved. :)

I'm looking forward to your review.

Sheal (Lori)

Thanks so much Lori. Just what I needed to know.

Joyce

The price for the combo, 2 day tour on the Viator website lists the HO/HO bus for $32, not $22-24 that I posted earlier. The cheaper rate only covers the Mermaid route, Tivoli is not on the Mermaid route. The combo ticket would be needed.

I didn't realize the bus company charged two different prices. I went by the pricing that the CC card had on it's website. Apparently it is a little outdated. This website below also offers the card but it appears to me that the Viator website still offers the better price.

http://www.sightseeing.dk/regado.jsp?type=page&id=187

Sorry for the confusion,

Sheal

Hello, Is it possible to do the Viking museum and Kronborg Casle in one day?

We are only in CPH for 2 nights pre cruise and would like to see these places, but don't want to over do.

If not, which place would you suggest we visit. We will be using the train to get around.

Thank you, Jermey

The viking ship museum opens at 10:00 so you can take a train from Central Station to roskilde around 08:00 and take the nice walk from the station through the town center of Roskilde.

The Regional trains to Roskilde goes at XX:07, XX:11, XX:24, XX:34 XX:54 and it takes between 21 and 28 minutes.

The Intercity Trains deparding at XX:00 and XX:30 will charge you extra for this trip and the Intercity Lyn at XX:50 will not even stop at Roskilde.

On the way back to the station you can walk again or take bus number 607 to the station.

On the way back you can take a train at XX:09 and XX:40, each time you will have to change trains at Østerport station.

The trip length varies between 1:15 and 1:24 including waiting time on Østerport.

There are also intercity trains between Roskilde and Copenhagen but there is a extra charge to use this trains.

There are also other Regional trains to and from Roskilde but they will have a longer waiting time at Østerport.

The train back from Helsingør goes at XX:04, XX:15, XX:24, XX:35, XX:44 and XX:55 and it takes between 46 and 48 minutes.

I see we have an expert on our thread.... great.... could you please tell me about the hotel.. First Hotel Kong Frederik... location to HoHo bus/canal/Ice Bar.....anything else I need to know... we will be in Copenhagen for 1 night and part of the the next day before cruise... thanks in advance....

@ Manetamers

As you can see on the map i posted you can see that the hotel is located very close to the town hall square where the ho/ho busses departs from.

The hotel will finish a major renovation in april so it will be fresh and new when you arrive.

Also the Icebar at Hotel Twentyseven is located very close to your hotel at Løngangstræde 27.

http://map.krak.dk/m/pqlgx

@ Manetamers

As you can see on the map i posted you can see that the hotel is located very close to the town hall square where the ho/ho busses departs from.

The hotel will finish a major renovation in april so it will be fresh and new when you arrive.

Also the Icebar at Hotel Twentyseven is located very close to your hotel at Løngangstræde 27.

http://map.krak.dk/m/pqlgx

Hello... thanks for the useful info on the hotel and all....it is good to know it's location and is beening renovated.. we are so looking forward to seeing your city but sorry to hear the Mermaid will be else where......... have a great day....

DFDS canal tours look interesting-is it worth doing a guided tour or the hop on hop off option.I can't find prices on their website and the timetable is a bit confusing about where they pick up near the cruise terminal

is it worth doing both HOHO buses and canal cruise or just one of the other?

We signed up for a 3 hour canoeing trip to Frederiksdal with DCL. We arrive back at the ship at Langelinie Pier at 12:45. We have to be back at the ship by 4:30pm.

Of the major sites/castles what could we squeeze into our 3 hours? Trivoli, Hard Rock Cafe, Castles, etc. Would the Copenhagen card by worth purchasing?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks,

Heidi

A bus or taxi into Tivoli and Hard Rock and back again is what you have time for, and that is not worth the ticket price of the CPH Card.

Remember that 2 childrens under 12 travels for free with a adult and childrens under 16 is paying half price on the bus.

A singke ticket from langelinie to Tivoli cost 23 dkk.

Danish Viking, FYI, the Little Mermaid will not be in Copenhagen from April to November - she will be in Shanghai on some international Expo.

There will be another statue to replace the Mermaid and "her sister" will be in Tivoli - whatever it means :rolleyes:

Now my question: are HOHO and Cirkel 2 different buses?

(not sure about HOHO, but Cirkel has a stop 1/2 block away from Kong Frederik)

The Mermaid has been a hot political subject because China is not respecting human rights so some politicians were against sending one of our national symbols to China.

But to answer your question the city circle bus is just a regular bus, but it is smaller so it can get through the small streets of central Copenhagen.

It is free if you have a CPH Card and you can also use them with a single ticket, 10 trip stamping card or the city pass 24 and 72 hour card and the 24 hour transportation card.

The City Pass card only covers transportation in central copenhagen + the airport and the CPH Card and 24 hour transportation card covers the greater Copenhagen area.

The Ho/Ho bus departs at the nearby Town Hall Square and you have to buy a ticket either online or at the bus.

The CPH Card will give you a 10% discount

http://www.sightseeing.dk/

Archived